VMWare DevOps Engineer
Location Address: WFH – Office: Scarborough
Contract Duration: ASAP until 9/30/22
Number of Positions: 1
Scheduled Hours: Mon-Fri, 9am-5pm
Story Behind the Need
• The GTS Operations & Engineering team is looking for a VMWare DevOps Engineer to support the vRA Upgrade Project. The resource will be a technical liaison between 3 teams – 2 vendors and 1 internal team.
• Global Technology Services (GTS) is accountable for planning, engineering and 24×7 operations of all global infrastructure supporting Scotiabank. We deliver the full range of IT infrastructure services inclusive of the public cloud, traditional data centers and our branch locations. Our services include architecture, engineering and operational support of our networks, systems, and databases as well as end-user support for over 90,000 Scotia Bank employees. GTS is a team of over 1,800 people located in 15 countries, with our primary locations in Toronto and Mexico City.
Candidate Value Proposition
• The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work within one of the Top 5 Banking Institutions in Canada. We are technology partners who help the business transform how our employees around the world work. You'll get to work with and learn from diverse industry leaders, who have hailed from top technology. We offer a competitive total rewards package, including a performance bonus, company matching programs (pension & Employee Share Ownership), generous vacation; health/medical/wellness benefits; employee banking privileges
Typical Day in Role
• Reporting to the Lead Architect, this role fulfills the responsibility of a VMWare DevOps Engineer.
It requires a hands-on technical experience with the following skills:
– Senior Level v-Realize-Automation development experience (v-Realize Automation v7/8)
– Senior Level experience with VMWare vSphere virtualization technologies
– Strong development background in automation and deployment tools using Python, and PowerShell
– Experience with coding Restful APIs and using configuration management tools like Ansible or Saltstack
– Implemented Infrastructure as a Code delivery pipelines using CI/CD tools like Jenkins, Gradle, Git, Artifactory
– Exposed to all aspects of software development lifecycle (SDLC) and with development methodologies including Waterfall, Scrum, and Agile
– Broad Knowledge with Storage Systems, and networking virtualization like NSX
Candidate Requirements/Must-Have skills
1) 8+ years of technical working experience with vSphere virtualization technologies
2) 4+ years’ experience with v-Realize Automation development
3) 8+ years of hands-on technical working experience with Python, PowerShell and Restful API’s development
4) 5+ years of hands-on technical working experience in the development of Configuration Management & Automation tools (e.g., SaltStack, Ansible or similar).
5) 8+ years of hands-on technical working experience with both ReHAt Linux 7/8, Windows administration 2016 & 2019
6) 8+ years of hands-on technical working knowledge with Networking, Storage and Security concepts, technologies, and operational experience.
• Excellent written, presentation, and verbal communication skills to be able to work well with technical peers and business stakeholders at different levels within the organization
• Proven ability to quickly learn and understand complex topics and new technologies
• Demonstrate superior problem solving & decision-making skills to resolve complex work issues.
• Ability to work under pressure in a dynamic environment.
• Completion of a post-secondary education in Computer Science, Engineering or in a related technology-based stream.
Candidate Review & Selection
• Codility Test
• 1 round panel interview – 1 hour
• Possibility of 2nd round interview