Location Address:Toronto, WFH
Contract Duration: 6/21 – 1/31/22
Story Behind the Need
Project: NEO Project – re- platform of the online experience for wealth clients. Complete re-platform and redesign of the online experience. Contractor will be doing critical design work for a high priority wealth project (NEO), which now has a severe shortage of design resourcing. The current amount of resourcing for design has created bottlenecks for this initiative
As the UX/UI Designer you will be part of a team that is transforming self-directed investment experience, by re-imagining the digital experiences for clients.
Candidate Value Proposition: Completely redesigning an Online Trading Platform!
Typical Day in Role:
– Work closely with Product Owners, business stakeholders, and developers and influence the design decisions to transform wealth management’s digital experiences
– Understand our users’ motivations and needs, leveraging rigorous design research and usability principles as well as your intuitive design sense.
– Meticulously consider user interactions and journeys
– Produce compelling designs to illustrate concepts iteratively and to be able to provide detailed specifications for software developers.
– Drive customer testing and incorporate customer research and insights.
– Demonstrate leadership by acting as design owner within your agile team through the conception, build and release of software features.
– Synthesize research outcomes into viable product experiences.
– Exercise a high level of technical acuity with a thorough understanding of front-end technologies and will factor it into your work limitations and constraints knowing when to push boundaries.
– Advocate for accessible design principles and implementation.
– Empathize with users who may have very different lives
– Work within an agile team
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
1) A minimum of 3-5 years of experience designing responsive web and/or native mobile software applications with strong visual design abilities.
2) A demonstrable portfolio of work (professional and personal) which showcases the projects you have worked on and includes examples of your story-telling skills, from low-fidelity sketches through to detailed designs.
3) 2+ years of journey and product design experience.
4) 3+ years of experience using leading design software such as Figma, Sketch, and Adobe Creative Suite (including Adobe XD) (Axure will be an asset)
5) Excellent Communication Skills – verbal and written
1) Familiarity with Trading stocks or making personal investment decisions (through apps or online)
2) Understanding limitations of front-end technologies (HTML, CSS Java Script
3) – Experience with the creation of transactional experiences (financial or ecommerce)
4) Ability to build and execute design research methodologies or user testing protocols in a rapid development environment.
Soft Skills Required:
1) Resilient and Positive Personality
2) Comfortable working in a self-guided manner
3) Comfortable working with tight deadlines
4) Fast learner
Degrees: – Masters or Bachelor Degree in Human Factors, HCI, Design or related fields (or equivalent work experience)