Job Title: UX/UI Designer
Duration : 01/07/2019 to 12/20/2019
Location: Toronto, ON
Financial is seeking someone for a 1-year contract who is a motivated self-starter with significant UX/UI experience to join our User Experience team within Global Digital, Brand & Marketing. You will be responsible for creating remarkable and progressive digital experiences for a variety of audiences to support our business in Canada, and occasionally provide support for US and Asia regions. You will work closely with the Senior UX Architect to define the user experience and update our Global Digital Style Guide for digital properties ensuring they closely align with Client and Brand needs. You will work collaboratively with fellow members of the team to conceptualize, design and prototype ideas for implementation on the web, mobile and social channels. [
• Manage the digital style guide, develop and enhance UX/UI patterns using Sketch and InVision
• Design responsive customer-centric experiences. Articulate UX/design approaches and rationales to stakeholders, project team, and management.
• As part of the UX Centre of Excellence, design and enhance enterprise standard documents such as: user scenarios, user flows, visual design mock-ups, wire-frames, prototypes, specifications, UX/UI patterns.
• Conduct user research and testing, present findings for project teams.
• Provide insightful high-level UX guidance and consult on various projects, and have the ability to seamlessly shift to delivering detailed project designs and consultations on our guidelines.
• Project manage user experience deliverables produced by internal and 3rd party resources as required to ensure expectations are successfully met. Comfortable in working with both Agile and Waterfall projects.
• Share user-centric design best practices through education and informal sessions across the organization.
• Provide high level recommendations on various projects ensuring web accessibility compliance, specifically AODA/WCAG2.0
• Experience with creating and maintaining digital style guides using Sketch and InVision
• Minimum of 5 years of experience in design / user experience
• University degree or certification in User Experience related field or equivalent work experience
• Ability to successfully manage and deliver multiple projects simultaneously
• Portfolio demonstrating impactful customer experiences, including experience developing digital products from initial concept through to implementation.
• Design experience ranging across web, mobile (mobile web and native applications) and social channels
• Strong knowledge and experience with industry standard design tools (Axure, Sketch, Adobe Creative Cloud, InVision, or other related design tools)
• Well versed in current web accessibility standards
• Proven track record and a passion for designing compelling, award-winning user interfaces.
• Excellent design, verbal, written and presentation skills.
• Experience working with clients and various departments within a team environment. Agency/consulting experience a definite asset.