Job Title: UX Mobile Architect
Duration: 5 months
Location: Toronto, ON
*****UI experience is a Must*****
Client is seeking a leader with significant UX/UI experience to join our Digital User Experience team within Canadian Operations. You will be responsible for guiding and creating remarkable and progressive digital experiences for a variety of audiences to support our business in Canada. You will work closely with stakeholders in multiple business units to define the user experience for client secure digital properties, ensuring they closely align with the client's key success factors. You will work collaboratively with fellow members of the team to conceptualize design and prototype ideas for implementation on the web, mobile and social channels.
As a UX Architect you will lead and deliver within the following streams of work:
Solid UX Practice/Process
• Lead the design of digital features for the web, mobile and social channels.
• Apply sound user centred design principles to influence project strategy and direction.
• Take full ownership to drive the UX strategy: be an evangelist for UX practices across the company.
• Develop user scenarios, personas, user flows, design concepts, wireframes, prototypes, UI standards documents and other design documents as needed.
• Plan and execute user research / user testing to validate ideas and refine designs.
• Ensure standards and best practices are appropriately communicated and documented.
• Manage user experience deliverables produced by internal and 3rd party resources as required to ensure expectations are successfully met.
• Lead the production of annotated wireframes and other documentation as needed within all project timelines
• Ensure the workflow reflects the user’s needs and maintain consistency among features.
• Determine the need for user research and user testing; then orchestrate and oversee the process. Interpret and review research findings for presentations to project teams.
• Minimum of 5-7 years of experience in design / user experience with a strong desire to focus on user-centered design
• University degree or certification in User Experience related field or equivalent work experience
• Solid portfolio demonstrating impactful customer experiences, including experience developing digital products from initial concept through to implementation.
• Design experience ranging across web, mobile (mobile web and native applications) and social channels
• Strong knowledge and experience designing wireframes and interactive prototypes using industry software (e.g. Axure, Balsamiq)
• Well versed in current accessibility standards
• Proven track record and a passion for designing compelling, award-winning user interfaces.
• Excellent design, verbal, writing and presentation skills.
• Experience working with clients and various departments within a team environment.
• Solid understanding of front-end web development (HTML, CSS, JS, etc.)
• Knowledge of current web standards and the latest trends
• Ability to successfully manage and deliver on multiple projects with competing deadlines and priorities
Note: depending on the specific resource hired for this role, more emphasis may be placed on specific responsibilities listed above.