Typical Day in Role:
• You will participate in and influence the design decisions for banking digital experiences that touch millions of our customers every day.
• You will understand our customers motivations and needs, leveraging rigorous design research and usability principles along with your intuitive design sense.
• You will consider customers interactions and journeys and act as an advocate for their constant improvement through accessible and inclusive design principles and implementation.
• You will partner and collaborate with Product management, engineering, marketing, agile, analytics and other key players to envision and build products that make our customer’s experience useful, engaging, and effective while supporting our business goals.
• You will support and communicate with your scrum team partners (product managers, engineers, business lines) through the conception, build and release of software features.
• Engage with developers, business, and quality assurance analysts to understand our platform’s capabilities, communicate design specifications, and verify implemented designs.
• You will produce compelling visual deliverables to illustrate desired customer experiences and provide detailed specifications for software developers.
• You will be an active participant in our design community by providing feedback to your fellow Designers.
• You will practice empathy and the ability to actively listen and consider other people’s points of view.
• You will be responsible for synthesizing research outcomes into viable product experiences by defining the scope and needs of customer testing, engaging help from our design research team and ensure that insights are reflected as part of your design work.
• You will perform in an open environment, striving to be persuasive and engaging while being self-driven.
• You will drive Lean/agile UX approaches pervasively throughout the product lifecycle; helping designers to become the collaborative glue that facilitates decisions across the dimensions of value, usability, and feasibility.
• You will partner and collaborate with key players across Digital including product
management, engineering, analytics, as well as within the Design Community of Practice (Marketing, Research, Accessibility, Content, Service Design) to ensure that the group is aligned and engaged to deliver results supporting our business goals.
• You will demonstrate leadership on supporting and communicating with your partners and executives frequently and efficiently.
• You will ensure that your team always maintain quality standards.
• You will be an enabler within our design community by encouraging teams to exchange feedback, ideas, and best practices with frequency.
• You will collaborate with the Design Director and guide teams in understanding long term roadmap and key wins to help guide prioritization.
• You will champion and communicate design best practices and guidelines to stakeholders throughout the organization, always advocating for design thinking and the implementation of our design system.
• You will ensure that feedback about design engagements is obtained proactively to improve future design engagements and decisions.
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
1) 8+ years of experience as a UI/UX designer
2) 2+ years of recent professional experience designing native mobile iOS/Android applications
3) 2+ years of experience as a designer coaching on craft in high-performance design teams in fast-paced organizations
4) 2+ years of in depth and hands-on experience with Figma (to do prototypes, animations, create demo videos, interactions)
5) Strong demonstrated experience with visual design / UI
1) Experience with industry prototyping tools (please list which)
2) FI/Banking experience
3) Wealth Management experience (financial planning, communications, portfolio management)
4) Experience working with design systems and guidelines (e.g. native component guidelines, material 3, accessibility guidelines)
Soft Skills Required:
• A natural storyteller with the ability to craft and communicate compelling stories that add clarity and inspire passion in our mission. A strong facilitator, with a robust tool kit of techniques to communicate and collect ideas.
• A leader who leverages diversity across disciplines/locations/levels to fuel creativity and innovation in product design.
• A performer that exercises flexibility and openness, with the courage to defend unpopular points of view when they add value for the customer or the business.
• A motivator with the interest to drive individual performance through feedback and modelling (recognizing strong performers and coaching under performers).
Interests and skills that will improve your chances of working with us
• A positive and resilient personality with a growth mentality. You must be able to embrace feedback and have a desire for continuous improvement.
• Ability to communicate concepts, ideas and strategies using rapid visual design techniques.
• Ability to work within the constraints of a Design System with flexibility, and a desire to push existing standards to the next level by contributing back to our Design System library.
• A demonstrable history of applying design thinking tenets and user centered design principles to design problems.
• We are looking for a fast learner who has an appetite to uncover what’s behind both, simple and complex financial solutions.
• Ability to plot and map a user journey from product discovery through enrolment, down multiple engagement routes and through to journey completion
Bachelors or master’s degree in Design or related fields (or equivalent work experience)
Studies and/or experience in complementary fields to Product Design, like visual design, animation, applied arts, etc. an asset