Typical Day in Role:
• Designer will work with multiple stakeholders and define site map: page templates, navigation structure, content items – on content management system that would have smaller ones for each BLs
• Perform card sorting, tree testing
• There are tools to help with research, but after they define navigational structure and overall architecture, they need to design all templates that will work with SharePoint modern
• Designing in Figma, testing with the users
• Need to be able to put templates together using modern interface
• There is a team of 3 senior designers supporting this project as well
• Participate in and influence the design decisions for banking digital experiences that touch millions of our customers every day.
• Partner and collaborate with Product management, engineering, marketing, agile, analytics and other key players to envision and build products that make our customer’s experience useful, engaging, and effective while supporting our business goals.
• Support and communicate with your scrum team partners (product managers, engineers, business lines) through the conception, build and release of software features.
• Engage with developers, business, and quality assurance analysts to understand our platform’s capabilities, communicate design specifications, and verify implemented designs.
• Produce compelling visual deliverables to illustrate desired customer experiences and provide detailed specifications for software developers.
• Be responsible for synthesizing research outcomes into viable product experiences by defining the scope and needs of customer testing, engaging help from our design research team and ensure that insights are reflected as part of your design work.
• Drive Lean/agile UX approaches pervasively throughout the product lifecycle; helping designers to become the collaborative glue that facilitates decisions across the dimensions of value, usability, and feasibility.
• Partner and collaborate with key players including product
management, engineering, analytics, as well as within the Design Community of Practice (Marketing, Research, Accessibility, Content, Service Design) to ensure that the group is aligned and engaged to deliver results supporting our business goals.
• Collaborate with the Design Director and guide teams in understanding long term roadmap and key wins to help guide prioritization.
• Ensure that feedback about design engagements is obtained proactively to improve future design engagements and decisions.
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
1) 8+ years of experience as a UI/UX designer
2) 8+ years of professional experience designing digital applications
3) 2+ years of experience as a designer coaching on craft in high-performance design teams in fast-paced organizations
4) 2+ years of in depth and hands-on experience with Figma (to do prototypes, animations, create demo videos, interactions)
5) 4+ years’ strong experience leading information architecture discovery and definition (create templates with content strategy, create site maps)
1) Experience working with SharePoint Modern
2) Experience defining a complex site map (card sorting, tree testing, content strategy)
3) Experience with industry prototyping tools (please list which)
4) FI/Banking experience
5) Wealth Management experience (financial planning, communications, portfolio management)
Soft Skills Required:
• A natural storyteller with the ability to craft and communicate compelling stories that add clarity and inspire passion in our mission. A strong facilitator, with a robust tool kit of techniques to communicate and collect ideas.
• A leader who leverages diversity across disciplines/locations/levels to fuel creativity and innovation in product design.
• A performer that exercises flexibility and openness, with the courage to defend unpopular points of view when they add value for the customer or the business.
• A motivator with the interest to drive individual performance through feedback and modelling (recognizing strong performers and coaching under performers).
Interests and skills that will improve your chances of working with us
• A positive and resilient personality with a growth mentality. You must be able to embrace feedback and have a desire for continuous improvement.
• Ability to communicate concepts, ideas and strategies using rapid visual design techniques.
• Ability to work within the constraints of a Design System with flexibility, and a desire to push existing standards to the next level by contributing back to our Design System library.
Bachelors or master’s degree in Design or related fields (or equivalent work experience)
Studies and/or experience in complementary fields to Product Design, like visual design, animation, applied arts, etc. an asset