Story Behind the Need
The Global Wholesale, Wealth, and Risk Technology – Derivatives team is responsible for servicing Global Capital Markets worldwide and delivering system solutions for the derivatives trading desk. You will be responsible for the hands-on development and testing of an HTML5 Angular application that uses a Public Cloud to display the bank's derivatives trades and their valuation adjustments. The role carries responsibility for the detailed design and specification of the solution with an emphasis on pragmatic delivery.
Typical Day in Role
• Develop and enhance an HTML5 Angular derivatives trading application
• Develop modern web user interfaces according to industry best practices, applying innovative front-end technologies
• Putting in place suitable non-functional supporting software to ensure a high automation, low support STP approach
• Collaboration as part of an Agile development team, participation in daily standups, preparation of work estimates, identification of blocking and critical path steps
• Hands on coding in one or more of the programming languages identified in the Functional Competencies listed below
• Detailed design for all functional components of the system
• Accountable for delivery according to pre agreed time and budgetary constraints
• Maintaining current framework, as well as building new features and components
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
• Experience with HTML5 frameworks – Angular preferred
• 5+ years of UI development
• Experience working in an agile team
• A very good knowledge of financial instruments, how they are represented in trading and risk systems
• Experience working in banking/ capital markets
• Experience working on derivatives trading or derivatives pricing applications
• JQuery experience is an asset
• Able to work in a large team setting
Degrees or certifications:
• A recognized under-graduate degree in business, mathematics, computer science or a related discipline.
• Having CSC, CFA and/or FRM would be an asset.