Title: UAT Tester
Duration: 9 months
Work Location: Toronto
RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE (but are not limited to):
• Expertise with creating User Acceptance Test Plans – including documentation of detailed test cases and success criteria
• Experience conducting testing using system screens and outputs
• Detailed skills documenting problems found during testing in language understandable to users, system development staff and vendors (defect management process)
• Understanding of Software Development Life Cycle
• Experience with system testing, integration testing and data migration testing
TOP SKILLS / EXPERIENCE:
• About 5+ years of experience as a UAT in investment or portfolio management experience.
• Working knowledge or previous work with a Portfolio Management System (e.g. Charles River Investment Management System)
• Strong communication skills as they will be dealing with multiple lines of business. They must be able to articulate the problem to the business & technology.
• Testing tool awareness – particularly HP ALM & JIRA, • Above average understanding of databases. They need to understand how files pass, how databases operate, etc.
• Experience with system testing, integration testing and data migration testing.
• Experience conducting testing using system screens and outputs.
• Detailed skills documenting problems found during testing in language understandable to users, system development staff and vendors (defect management process) • Previous experience with Charles River Investment Management System
NICE TO HAVE SKILLS/EXPERIENCE:
• Working knowledge or previous experience with Investment Management Portfolio Management systems/functions
• Working knowledge of the Private Wealth business (Discretionary Investment Management, Securities processing, Trade/Settlement, Security Models)
• Working knowledge or previous experience with an Investment Management Portfolio Accounting System (e.g. SS&C Pacer).
• Excellent Communication Skills (communication targeted to audience)
• Clarity of thought
• Highly organized, detail oriented, and results focused
• Quick Learner & Critical Thinker
• Bachelor’s degree or College diploma in Computer Science, Math, Engineering or Business Administration
• Canadian Securities Course (desirable)
• CFA Level 1 or 2 (desirable)