Key Responsibilities/Job Functions:
– Issue Network Planning Specifications (NPS) that clearly explain, justify, and initiate augmentations and reconfigurations to the transmission network.
– Monitor transmission capacity usage and initiate timely upgrade plans.
– Create and maintain a capital budget for their area of responsibility.
– Maintain network planning documentation corresponding to their area of responsibility.
– Short-term and long-term IPRAN capacity planning based on demand and projected growth rates to support new Wireless technologies (LTE advanced, 5G).
– Undergraduate qualification, preferably in Electrical Engineering, Telecommunication, or Computer Engineering.
– 7 years experience in engineering/planning transmission networks.
– In depth understanding of various types mobile backhaul topology
– Knowledge of IPRAN capacity planning/dimensioning principles
– Experience in engineering and planning of L2/L3 IP networks a definite asset
– Knowledge of IPRAN performance management protocols, particularly TWAMP
– Advanced understanding of current and next generation wireline transport technologies: CWDM, DWDM, OTN, SONET, PON, Active and Fronthaul
– Knowledge of current and next generation wireless transport technologies: licensed and unlicensed microware (MW), LOS and n/NLOS MW, P2P and P2MP MW, mmMW (E-band, V-band)
– Knowledge of synchronization protocol: PTP 1588, SyncE, NTP
– Knowledge of 2G/3G/4G/5G architecture and RAN elements
– Strong business writing skills, particularly in report writing.
– Advance level of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Access) and database software.
– Strong budgeting and planning abilities.
– Proven analytical, planning and forecasting skills.
– Strong organizational and time management skills.
– Ability to work with minimal supervision
– Proven ability to work in cross-functional teams