Job Posting Title: Training Specialist – Level 3
Location: Toronto, ON
Duration: 6 months
A Technical Writer/Training Specialist L3 is required for the planning, research, design and development of online e-learning materials and manuals for Justice Video Network (JVN) video conferencing and audio-visual solutions used for virtual court hearings and other virtual events in justice system. Creation of standard manual template (s) for audio visual solutions. All training materials must align with the current accessibility and other applicable OPS standards.
• Review, modify and improve the existing manuals and reference guides for JVN Web browser-based video conferencing tool targeting different user groups (judiciary, court participants and public) and align all documents with the current accessibility standards.
• Create manual templates for JVN audio visual solutions to shorten the time required to create a new manual and simplify project process.
• Evaluate the needs for self-learning solutions, review available options and recommend the most appropriate tools / presentation methods for online training materials
• Create blended learning solutions using photos, videos and screen capture, e-learning methodology and authoring tools in alignment with adult learning principles.
• Design and develop master templates for user manuals describing how to operate JVN audio visual equipment.
• Assist with creation of marketing and educational materials on JVN audio visual and video conferencing solutions.
• Coordinate translation of all materials to French language with French Language Services.
• Use project management techniques to manage scope, time and cost of learning deliverables.
• Ensure alignment and adherence to Ministry’s processes and standards.
• Undertake special assignments/sub-projects as assigned.
• Work plan and outline of effort to completion.
• Participate in Knowledge transfer
Experience and Skill Set Requirements
Mandatory Skills Required:
- Demonstrated experience creating/delivering customized online training materials on specific packages and platforms.
- Proficiency in English
- Demonstrated experience in the development, design and delivery of training materials for both technical and non-technical users at the specified experience level.
- Knowledge of adult education principles/practices (e.g. learning needs assessment, program design, development strategies / methods).
- Skills in interpreting various technical/audio/visual instructional manuals to develop user-friendly instructions and quick reference guides.
- Experience with computer and software applications for development of training materials, story boards and e-learning modules, including presentation software, web-based facilitation tools and eLearning software.
- Basic skills with graphic design to assist with the development of user manuals.
- Excellent organizational skills, facilitation, verbal and written communication skills, presentation skills, and interpersonal skills.
- Able to transfer training best practices knowledge to project team and manager.
- Proficiency in French.