Job Title: Training Specialist
Location Address: Toronto – Currently WFH
Contract Duration: 5/1/21 – 3/30/22
Story Behind the Need
Business group: Operating Practices – These roles support the training workstream for a large Canadian Banking regulatory bank act project called Bill C86 Consumer Protection. There are 14 different workstreams on this project that are making changes to process and systems to be in government compliance by April 1. 2022. This project impacts around 20,000 employees. The project is owned by the Canada Banking Operating Practices regulatory and policy group.
Project: Consumer Protection Workstream, Regulatory Project part of Bill C86.
This role is part of the Consumer Protection training workstream and will require collaboration with numerous Consumer Protection workstreams, business representatives and stakeholders, the Global Training COE and other relevant groups to ensure content revisions meet employee and organizational needs.
The role reports to the Consumer Protection Director of Learning, and will lead the Consumer Protection training asset update activity alternatively known as the “revision factory”.
Responsible for the setup of the training update factory, the interaction model that will support it, and the implementation of the Scotiabank training methodology, media, branding, and technical standards.
The role provides oversight and leadership to the update team of a training analyst, a training advisor and the vendor design and development team.
The role will also leverage the Consumer Protection dedicated technical training team consisting of the multi-media specialist, LMS technologist and the eLearning tester.
Reason for request: Project related work
Candidate Value Proposition: An opportunity to be part of a fast paced project that is really important to the Bank and our customers. The work will be very team oriented with all roles working together to build the appropriate training. The work will demand an agility factor as there will be opportunities (planned and unplanned) to pivot from the expected course of action, and demand creative thinking to find alternate ways to meet the training expectation in a fast and effective way.
If you like team work, applying training methodology, fast paced activity and juggling multiple projects at the same time – this role is for you.
Typical Day in Role:
– Multiple, complex, and high visibility projects
– Leads the assessment and update of training programs within the Consumer Protection training framework
– Work impacts employees across Canadian Banking and Global Operations and others.
– Leads and drives a customer focused culture to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems, and knowledge
– Leads and manages the update of the consumer protection multi-level/multi-business blended-training curriculum, ensuring alignment with training needs and requirements, the consumer protection training methodology and interaction model and the Scotiabank COE Learning standards and guidelines.
– Collaborates with internal partners and consumer protection design and development team members to update and implement solutions, including a variety of methods including virtual instructor-led, e-training, videos, social media, teams skills and leaders’ guide.
– Collaborates with numerous consumer protection workstreams, business representatives, and other relevant groups to design and implement assigned training programs.
– Manages the CP stakeholder framework to ensure appropriate relationships with all the respective review groups and stakeholders that will need to sign off on training content.
– Develops the training program(s) evaluation strategy to measure and evaluate the training assets and program to ensure training effectiveness across all identified businesses
– Develops and manages vendor relationships to optimize training program development and deployment.
– Understands how the Bank’s risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills: Please review – let me know if there are any updates required.
1) 10 + Years Leading Training teams, implementing the full Learning cycle – from inception to implementation, SME management, survey evaluations, reporting, designing and developing training programs.
2) Strong knowledge of training ADDIE methodology, theories and training practices
3) 10+ Years – Strong Project Management skills and effective execution skills to ensure successful delivery/implementation of training initiatives and programs.
Degrees: • Post-secondary Degree or Diploma in Performance Consulting, Adult Education, Educational Technology, or Instructional Design desired