Location Address: WFH
Contract Duration: ASAP until June 30, 2022
Number of Positions: 1
Schedule Hours: 9-5, Mon-Fri
Story Behind the Need
Business group: Operating Practices – These roles support the training workstream for a large Canadian Banking regulatory bank act project called Bill C86 Consumer Protection.
Project: This role is part of the Consumer Protection training workstream and will require collaboration with numerous Consumer Protection workstreams, business representatives, Globlal Training COE and other relevant groups to identify and implement solutions to meet employee and organizational needs. This role is accountable for supporting consumer protection workstream training program(s) for all applicable businesses that sell products and services in Canada. The role will support the third parties and affiliates workstream and other consumer protection training programs as needed, ensuring alignment with the consumer protection project workstream activities, the Scotiabank consumer protection training methodology, and the business requirements. The resource would be coming in at the end phases of project.
Candidate Value Proposition:
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to understand the sophistications of government regulations and financial services within a highly matrixed organization, as well as gain the opportunity to learn from a very experienced training team. Opportunity to work for one of the big 5 Canadian banks.
Typical Day in Role:
• Drives a customer focused culture to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems and knowledge
• Contributes to the design of the consumer protection multi-level/multi-business blended-training curriculum, ensuring alignment with training needs and requirements, the consumer protection training methodology and interaction model and the Scotiabank COE Learning standards and guidelines.
• Collaborates with internal partners and consumer protection design and development team members to co-develop and implement solutions, utilizing a variety of methods including virtual instructor-led, e-training, videos, social media, teams skills and leaders’ guide.
• Collaborates with numerous consumer protection workstreams, business representatives, and other relevant groups to design and implement assigned training programs.
• Identifies and manages the relationships with all the appropriate review groups that will need to sign off on training content.
• Employs a performance performance consulting approach to ensure that training solutions address defined performance gaps and organizational outcomes.
• Develops the training program(s) assessment and/or quiz for all identified training deliverables to test employee knowledge as needed,
• Develops ongoing relationships with the TPA workstream to identify and understand business process and technology changes and timelines that may impact training requirements
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
1) 3+ years’ experience in designing and developing training programs
2) Proven organizational skills and exposure to project management
3) Proven communication development skills (writing for business stakeholders)
4) Knowledge of training ADDIE methodology, theories and training practices
1) Experience in Financial Services
2) Experience in multi-faceted organizations
Soft Skills Required:
• Relationship management and interpersonal skills
• Flexibility and ability to adapt to changing work environments
• Proven teamwork capabilities; strong relationship management and interpersonal skills
• Results oriented and able to effectively execute in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to translate strategy into actionable plans and results
• Superior prioritization and time management skills
Post-secondary Degree or Diploma in Performance Consulting, Adult Education, Human Resources, Educational Technology, or Instructional Design desired
Candidate Review & Selection
1 round with HM and team member – 30 minute video interviews
Hiring Manager’s availability to interview: ASAP