Test Automation/Developer- Java/Selenium
Typical Day in Role
• Support and execute on the enterprise and program level test automation strategy.
• Design, Develop and Operationalize the Test Automation framework for Mobile, Web and SOA (Service Oriented Architecture) Testing.
• Setup Devops Process and tasks for QA, Operationalize the same as well as guide the QA Team in Dev Ops Adoption.
• Responsible for ensuring test automation coding standards are in place.
• Perform code reviews, static analysis to ensure highest quality of test automation code.
• Maintain and automate test data management strategy for test automation.
• Setup, Maintain and Administer the Testing Tools (Like HP UFT, HP ALM, SOAP UI, Atlassian Suite).
• Design and setup the Performance Engineering framework.
• Design, build and develop custom in house tools to support the testing team. Use coding skills to implement test automation, utilities and accelerators.
• Drive delivery excellence by providing governance and continuous improvement, thereby generating high quality outcomes.
• Develop, maintain and communicate (stakeholder presentation) delivery status, KPI and metric scorecards, quality checks and knowledge management solutions.
• Perform automation and tool assessment and present roadmap as needed.
• Guide testing teams with technical challenges with respect to coding or scripting.
• Participate in weekly test team meetings to provide status updates.
• Develop and maintain good professional working relationships, both internal and external to the QA team (i.e. Development, Infrastructure, Data Warehouse, Architecture etc.)
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
1) 5+ years of experience with SDLC and TDLC
2) Prior working experience in a Dev-Ops environment (1+ years)
3) 5+ years’ experience in a test automation/developer in Java/Selenium
4) 5+ years proven experience with manual testing experience and knowledge
5) Strong development/Scripting background (Java, Java Script, VB, Python etc.)
o Technical QA Certifications around HP UFT, IBM Rational, HP ALM, Selenium, Appium etc
o Salesforce knowledge
o Industry recognized Java/Java Script Certification
• Strong communication skills – must be able to explain things clearly to project team members
• Strong diagnostic, analysis, troubleshooting, problem-solving skills
• Ability to analyze/interpret test results and provide recommendations to improve testing
Degrees or certifications:
• Associate’s degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field required