Contract Duration: 6 months
Location Address: Toronto
Project Portfolio Management Technology
Story Behind the Need
• Business group: The Project Portfolio Management Technology group manage and support the Clarity PPM functionality within the bank. This includes managing projects, risks and project financials. The technology also serves to manage work associated with financial reporting.
• Project: This resource will be joining the team to implement the Clarity PPM new User Interface, and will focus on testing all functionality related to financials in Clarity PPM before it is implemented in production.
Candidate Value Proposition
• The successful candidate will have the opportunity to be exposed to many aspects of the Bank and work within specific domains in the technical field. The candidate will be exposed to all functionality of Clarity PPM as the team prepares for production implementation.
Typical Day in Role / Job Responsibilities
• Create & Execute test plans, scenarios, scripts or procedures
• Test system modifications to prepare for implementation
• Track testing status and report on testing progress
• Identify, analyze and document problems with program function, output, online screen or content
• Document testing defects, using a bug tracking system, and report defects to the Clarity PPM technical team
• Monitor test defect resolution efforts and track successes
• Plan test schedules or strategies in accordance with project scope or delivery dates
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
1. 2-3 years of experience supporting Clarity with understanding of various Financial & Project Management processes
2. 1-2 years of experience testing Clarity (e.g. cost plans, budget plans, forecasting, introduction of new functionality, etc)
3. 1-2 years experience writing test documentation such as Test Plans, scripts and test results reports
4. Previous FI and Banking experience
5. 2-3 years of experience Microsoft Office skills – Excel, Word, PowerPoint
6. 2-3 years of prior work experience demonstrating the ability to analyze/interpret test results and provide recommendations to improve testing – proven results detailed within the resume.
• Strong communication skills; able to support business and provide insight to Clarity technical team
• Ability to exercise good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions
• Ability to solve technical problems / processes and understand complex details
• A high level of interpersonal and verbal communication skills necessary to relate to other people at their systems knowledge level
• Works well with team and independently – go getter and self studier.
• Experience with MS Visio is a plus
Degrees or certifications:
• Bachelor's degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field required