Job Title: Technology Architect – Level 3 – Digital Identity
Location: Toronto, ON
Duration Until March 2022
has an immediate need to procure a Technology Architect (Level 3) resource with expert market experience in the field of digital identity (DI), including digital wallet technologies, cryptography, security, distributed identifier protocols, mobile app development, full stack development, modern API development and distributed ledger technologies
Develops, recommends, implements and manages the technical architecture (hardware,
software, database and communications) which will be used for all or specific applications in
a large, distributed cross-platform environment. Responsibilities also include the
identification of relevant information and the determination of the environment, which will be
used for development.
• Leadership experience in the development and implementation of technical
architectures at the specified experience level
• Extensive experience with at least three different platforms, operating systems,
environments, database technologies, and communications protocols
• Experience with middleware and gateways
• Knowledge of performance considerations in different environments
• Experience in structured methodologies for the design, development and
implementation of applications
• Extensive experience in systems analysis and design in large systems environments
• Knowledge and experience designing processes around ITIL and is able to guide
others using this methodology
• Experience translating business requirements into reporting needs
• Experience preparing conceptual, logical and/or physical processes and data models
• Experience developing, recommending, implementing and managing technical
• Experience in the use of Computer Aided Software Engineering (CASE) tools and
other software tools such as project management tools
• Awareness of emerging technologies, trends and directions
• Excellent analytical, problem-solving and decision-making skills; verbal and written
communication skills; interpersonal and negotiation skills
• A team player with a track record for meeting deadlines
• Experience in developing enterprise architecture deliverables (e.g. models)
• Experience in developing enterprise architecture deliverables (e.g. models) based on
Ontario Government Enterprise Architecture processes and practice
• Knowledge and understanding of Enterprise Content Management (Open Text ECM
• Knowledge and understanding of Information Management principles, concepts, policies and practices
· To take a leadership role acting on behalf of Digital Identity Program Implementation Office, and the Ontario Digital Service for the technology architecture and design of the Digital Identity platform and related products
· To design and maintain a digital identify technology architecture representing the necessary ecosystem components that is based on the world wide web consortium (W3C) verifiable credentials (VC) model, utilizing decentralized identifiers (DIDs), digital wallets, and related industry standards and frameworks such as the PCTF, NIST and eIDAS etc
· Work with ministry/OPS staff to lead the development of key (technology) architecture artefacts to support the architectural gating process
· Development of an implementation roadmap and options for a verifiable credential model approach, that takes into consideration the requisite components, technology required/involved, ministry readiness, market readiness and maturity; develop short term tactical and longer term strategic implantation plans and options
· Identify and evaluate commercially ready products and open source solutions that are viable for use and implementation; including assessment and recommendations of products
· Align the technology architecture for digital identity (VC Model, DID) with the Enterprise Identity and Access Management solution to ensure integration where required, including alignment with the OPS policy on identity and credential assurance levels.
· Work with product teams to develop the technology requirements and to ensure alignment towards the enterprise solution approach and roadmap.
· Work with technical and product development engineers to develop functional proofs of concept, pilot implementations and/or final product implementations of Digital Identity solutions that align with the enterprise digital identity roadmap, including digital wallets, mobile apps on iOS/Android devices, web sites and back-end infrastructure.
· Provide technology advice and recommendations to executives, management and product teams working on digital identity solutions; prepare communications/briefing material as required to effectively communicate recommendations and/or findings from assessments
· Provide expertise and guidance to product, policy and technical implementation teams regarding use, adoption and alignment with industry standards to maximize interoperability and avoid product lock-in; develop recommendations for adoption of standards and related frameworks for digital identity.
· 10+ years in designing and developing enterprise technology solutions in complex environments, with experience in both public/broader public and private sectors
· Experience in developing digital identity solutions, including digital wallet solutions on mobile (ie. iOS and Android) devices, distributed ledger technologies, verifiable credentials (VC), verifiable credential registries, verifiable presentations, decentralized identifiers (DIDs), use cryptographic suites/tools, zero-knowledge proofs
· Experience with designing/developing digital identity solutions that use/are integrated with distributed ledger technology, including use of digital wallets on mobile devices and/or in cloud based environments
· Experienced in developing solutions with strong security, authentication and authorization standards and frameworks, technologies and solutions, including Open ID Connect (OIDC), Oath2, Security Assertion Markup Language (SAML), JSON Web Tokens (JWT), JSON Web Signatures (JWS), Transport Layer Security (TLS), one time passwords (OTP), public key infrastructure,
· Experience with and understanding of the W3C recommendations and working drafts of: Verifiable Credential (VC) Data Model, VC Implementation Guidelines, Decentralized Identifiers, DID Specification Registries and related specifications and frameworks.
· Experience in developing solutions utilizing hardware level encryption (HLE) in local and cloud based environments; secure elements on mobile devices (e.g Apple Secure Enclave)
· Expert in designing and developing mobile applications on iOS and Android with integrations to enterprise back office networks, systems, data sources;
· Expert knowledge in designing and developing solutions using programming languages such as Java, C, C#,
· Expert knowledge and experience with RESTful API services, Web Services and SOAP
· Experience designing and developing cloud native solutions; use of containers, etc
· Leading technical software engineers through the design process, and demonstrating examples through functional code development.
· Excellent written and illustration/design skills to formulate technical documentation; evaluation and comparison documents and recommendations for management decision
· Excellent verbal and presentation capability to brief senior management and executives on various components of the technical design, architecture and/or solution components.