Location Address: Toronto
Contract Duration: 6 months (possibility for extension or Convert to FTE)
Story Behind the Need
Business group: Group is responsible for designing, testing and implementing security control configurations operated under Cyber Security Services (CSS). This involves building security policy configurations, testing to ensure they meet business requirements and deploying them globally across the bank’s security infrastructure. This team also provides post implementation support and root cause analysis in supporting the bank’s mission and mandates for cyber security.
Project: The Technical Writer will design internal process documentation. The primary goal is to meet and exceed the agreed upon objectives and perform assigned tasks while also maintaining a technical understanding of information security principles and best practices. This individual will report directly to the Director and will work as part of the CIA team.
Candidate Value Proposition
The successful candidate will not only have the opportunity to gain valuable experience at a top 5 Canadian bank, but also get exposure to some of the newest and emerging technologies.
Typical Day in Role
– Creating and designing a knowledge base for practical use of all CSS employees.
– Translating practical procedure documents into high-level management level document for audit and summary purposes.
– Assisting in updating process documents defined and created by management. These processes are relevant to all activities in which the team is involved.
– Accomplishing relevant training as determined by Management.
– Improving technical understanding of company security technologies.
– Communicating effectively orally and in writing.
– Recording meeting minutes for Incident Response calls and team meetings, as needed.
– This role will be expected to understand how to conduct investigations into security events, identifying threats and mal-intent towards the organization by means of intrusion detection while also producing reports, root cause analysis (where applicable) and security tuning recommendations from the findings
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
1) 2+ years of experience in Technical Documentation Writing or relative fields w/experience creating Wiki Style knowledge bases preferred
2) 2+ years of experience working with computing systems and IT networking concepts including – Data Networking (including routing, switching, and VPN), Computer and cyber security principles, and computer operating systems such as Windows, Linux, and Unix
3) 2+ years of experience within MS Office Suite – expert level proficiency preferred in
The following qualifications are considered an asset should the individual have them:
• Working knowledge of major programming languages.
• Experience providing information for or working with management and internal audit.
• Ability to deal with highly technical issues and extremely complex diverse systems.
• Knowledge of the company’s security strategy, associated policies, platform specific standards and control objectives as they relate.
• Experience with any of the following technical fields: data network engineering, operating systems administration, vulnerability management, malware response, databases and web services / web applications.
The following accreditations are considered an asset should the individual have them:
o GSEC, CompTIA Security+
o CCNA, CompTIA Networking+
Degrees or certifications:
– Bachelor's degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field required