Job title: Technical Writer
Location: Downtown Toronto
Job Description – GO Business Policies and Procedures
Description- The bank's Investment Division is a leading global investment manager with offices in Canada, the United States, the United Kingdom, Japan, Hong Kong, and throughout Asia. We manage a broad range of investments including equities, government and corporate bonds, real estate, commercial mortgages, oil and gas reserves, timber, agriculture and structured products totaling more C$900B in assets under management. As a skilled Technical Writer, you will be joining a large, global team focused on helping our business partners consolidate their processes around the world. Greater efficiency will allow us to accelerate growth. Our program, called Global Optimization, will touch many of our investments processes and supporting systems from the Front Office, the Middle Office, Back Office Operations as well as our Performance and Analytics teams. You will be working within a team of business experts, application experts, project managers, and testers co-located in one of our collaborative work spaces in North America. Team members who quickly adopt our guiding principles of We Work as One, We Question and Innovate, and We Own Our Future are highly desired. We look forward to interviewing excellent candidates.
Responsibilities and Qualifications
• Responsible for planning, organizing, writing and editing detailed operational, maintenance, standard operating business procedures, or training materials.
• Researches business process flows, technical design specifications, interface design, design diagrams or test specifications. Acquires and organizes basic source material, including applicable specifications, engineering write-ups, and drawing packages.
• Helps coordinate the layout and design of the material. Works with business analysts, business owners, systems analysts and programmers to create and edit application and business documentation, user manuals, training courses, and procedures.
• Must have expert knowledge of Excel, MS Word and Visio Drawing tool.
• Exceptional verbal and written communication skills are required. 3-5 years of prior experience in this role.
• Must be a self-starter and has past working experience in writing business Policies and Procedures