Requisition Title: Technical Analyst – 3
Location: Toronto, ON
Duration: ASAP to Oct 31st, 2018 (possible extension – pending funding, performance, workload)
Number of Positions: 2
Our large financial client in Downtown Toronto is seeking 2 Technical Analysts. This team is team is responsible for servicing Global Capital Markets worldwide and delivering system solutions for the derivatives trading desk.
The systems being worked on will support the bank in meeting its regulatory requirements regarding the posting and reporting of Initial Margin for Derivatives Trades.
Candidate Value Proposition
• Large, high-visibility program for Canada's biggest international bank
Typical Day in Role
1. Preparation of specifications and documentation for all software developed. Use of standard project management and team collaboration tools 2. Collaboration as part of an Agile development team, participation in daily standups, preparation of work estimates, identification of blocking and critical path steps 3. Detailed design for all functional components of the system 4. Accountable for delivery according to pre-agreed time and budgetary constraints 5. Liaison with source system owners to understand the format and semantic content of data being passed about.
6. Putting in place suitable non-functional supporting software to ensure a high automation, low support STP approach
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
1) Business Systems Analysis (5+ years background in business systems analysis)
3) Database integration & transformation (5+ years with SQL and NoSQL databases)
4) Capital Markets (3+ working knowledge of derivative products to foreign exchange)
– Regulatory, reporting, or financial risk projects
– SOA & Messaging Bus (Solace or Kakfa)
Degrees or certifications:
• Bachelors’ degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field required