Role: Technical System Analyst
Duration: 6 Months Contact
The Finance Systems team manages a complex SOX compliant infrastructure with many inter-related components that provide the repository of financial information required to support the Source of Earnings and other general ledger financial reporting at MFC. They also support the Enterprise-wide critical cash management and treasury solutions including the banking interfaces. There are over 4,000 global users of Finance and Treasury systems worldwide; peak usage occurs during local banking hours and during the quarterly financial reporting cycle. The key responsibilities of the area are: data governance; ongoing operational support (including monitoring, setup, and end user support); application development; supporting global financial process change initiatives and leading change throughout the business units; implementing changes and upgrades to all systems supported by IFS; maintaining a controlled, reliable, accessible and stable financial reporting environment.
Reporting to the IFS Technical Application Support Director in Finance/Treasury Systems, the incumbent will be part of a systems team supporting a large multi-tiered environment comprised of many applications supporting the Group Functions IT Finance/Treasury area. The primary responsibility is to work in conjunction with other team members, Global Information Risk Management office (GIRM), Service Providers and Application vendors to asses and remediate audit findings across diverse range of operating platforms, middleware and application layers. P2G (Path to Green) is a company-wide initiative to effectively support security patching process, address vulnerabilities and maintain the software currency.
As Technical Specialist, the candidate will be responsible in analyzing the weekly security scan reports, classify, document and provide technical solutions upon which the responsibilities will be assigned based upon nature of the documented vulnerability.
Job Requirements (Knowledge/Skills/Competencies):
• Advanced Proficiency Windows 2008, 2012, 2016 operating systems.
• Advanced Proficiency in IIS middleware platforms, IBM WebSphere, JBoss and Microsoft and technologies.
• Advanced Proficiency in secure communication protocols. SSH, sFTP, Openssl, Secure Ciphers and HTTPS.
• Technical skill and experience in UNIX scripting, Korn Shell and PowerShell.
• Strong troubleshooting skills
• Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate with all levels.
• Flexible and adaptable when dealing with change with a strong awareness and understanding of cultural diversity.
• Ability to make effective decisions under pressure.
• Proven ability to multi-task and manage concurrent projects.
• Excellent presentation and facilitation skills.
What are your top (2-3) must-have qualities for the candidates you’re looking for? Skill #1 Windows 2008/2012 – OS and vulnerability analysis. Skill #2 – Middleware layer – JBOss and WebSphere