Job Title: Technical Support
Duration: 12 month
Story Behind the Need:
Global Technology Services' Domestic & International Application Support & Automation team is seeking a Junior Deskside Support Analyst to support the Contact Center and Business Lines.
Typical Day in Role:
• Identify, analyze and verify low to high level system and application problems/solutions.
• Respond to requests for assistance by Client Services Helpdesk and all other supported groups through Bit’s ticket. Ensure that adequate information has been obtained to work on problem and that the client receives prompt attention.
• Provide assistance in the deployment of new and existing desktop systems. Troubleshoot and configure desktop systems as part of Helpdesk Support.
• Provide Technical Support in System upgrades. Participate in internal projects to enhance current operations. Help to identify and improve areas where applicable.
• Provide effective day to day end user technical support to all units on production systems including; PCs, Servers (iSeries and xSeries) printers, applications and telephone systems.
• Work technical support tickets raised by the Helpdesk.
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
1) Recent IT Program (1+ years/recent graduate)
2) Windows Server environments (1+ years support)
3) PC Hardware, Software, and Peripherals (1+ years support)
4) Host-related application & AS400 (1+ years understanding)
5) Superior communication skills (1+ years customer service)
Degrees or certifications:
• Bachelor's degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field required • MCSE or A+ certification
Candidate Review & Selection
• 1-Step Process: In-Person with Hiring Manager • Interviews to take place week of October 29th