Location Address: WFH – Office: Toronto
Contract Duration: 04/04/2022 to 07/31/2022
Number of Positions: 1
Scheduled Hours: 9am-4:30pm – will require overtime
Extension/FTE: Contracts are renewed on a 6-month basis, with the potential for the right candidate to convert to Full time.
Story Behind the Need:
• Business Line: GWWRT – GWMS – Digital Client Services and Reporting
• A Technical Navigator is required to manage Release and Change Management processes, focused on Production releases for applications under the Wealth Data Stream.
Candidate Value Proposition:
• The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work within one of the Top 5 Banking Institutions in Canada. You'll get to work with and learn from diverse industry leaders all over the globe, who have hailed from top technology companies around the world.
Typical Day in Role:
• Manages Release and Change Management processes, focused on Production releases for applications under the Wealth Data Stream.
• Primarily focused on problem solving and challenging solution engineers to build amazing products and services.
• Ensuring products are well maintained by identifying and eliminating technical debt.
• Ability to showcase progress in projects/initiatives/programs, holding people accountable to their commitments and making sure we are on track for successful delivery.
• Implementation of best practices/processes and work on process improvements when needed
• Assess and analyze business strategy & requirements, current technical environment and technology options to evaluate solution options that meet business needs and bank strategy.
• Partner with multiple teams across the bank to collaborate on strategy and direction.
• Assisting senior management to enforce standards and methodology; ensuring solutions are in line with the technology roadmap
• Assisting Dev team to build the environments and remove the impediments
• Ensure the team enacts the agile principles, values and framework
• Engage with the team and technical SMEs to identify technical debt risks and develop approaches to remediate.
• Facilitate agile ceremonies including iteration planning, iteration review, retrospectives, and daily standups
• Identify, manage, and help mitigate issues and risks, with particular emphasis on timely removal of impediments for the team and/or directing obstacles to appropriate owners for quick resolution-
• Develop and nurture strong partnering relationships with Product Owner/Business Sponsor and
Candidate Requirements/Must-Have skills:
1. Software engineering background
2. Well versed with release management process and workflow
o Good understanding of software release process (environments, binary repositories, CI/CD).
3. 7+ years of Experience working in Agile development methodologies
4. 7+ years of Experience with Confluence/Jira
5. Experience working with different ticketing tools like Service Now
6. Experience in modernizing legacy systems or similar transformational initiatives
7. Attention to details, high standards for quality, ability to balance risk with technological advancements.
8. Proven ability in working for multiple high scale projects simultaneously
• Ability to showcase progress in projects/initiatives/programs, coach and hold people accountable to commitments to make sure we are on track for successful delivery.
• Proven interpersonal, communication (verbal and written) skills
• Good time management and organizational skills to effectively manage high scale projects
• Bachelors Degree in computer engineering, business, information services or related field
Candidate Review & Selection
• One round interview – panel (hiring manager and technical PO) – 1 hour