Technical Lead – WebFocus
One of Nexus Group's financial services clients is in need of a Technical Lead to join their growing team. This individual will be responsible for development leadership and hands-on technical work in Webfocus, PowerBI and Data Warehouse technologies.
1) Design & Development
• Drive the analysis, design and development of quality technology solutions; works closely with clients, business analysts, and team members to understand business requirements.
• Responsibilities may also include participation in component and application architecture, design, performance monitoring, product evaluation and buy vs. build recommendations.
• Provide guidance and training to less experienced analysts and programmers.
• Work with clients to determine best fit for technology and how best to meet requirements or, if necessary, provide estimations to best amend requirements to meet the realities of delivery timelines and resource constraints.
• Participate in the creation of cost estimates, project plans and status.
• Help to identify problems and contribute to definition of standards and best practices.
• Provide testing and post production application support, and train support staff
2) Release Co-ordination
• Manage releases and code deployments.
• Ensure key quality gates are passed (system, user and load tests, code reviews, security scans, etc.) for the integrated release.
• Create the release implementation plan, conduct implementation walkthroughs and run implementation conference calls.
3) Team Leadership
• Ensure the department's objectives are met by assisting in recruiting qualified staff, providing input to performance appraisals on time and maintaining up to date knowledge of technology, industry and business practices.
• Work with management to create a positive work environment, encouraging staff camaraderie, engagement and team spirit.
• Build relationships with business partners and support groups, acting as an ambassador for the team.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
• You have at least 5 years of practical technical working experience in developing and deploying WebFocus solutions.
• You also possess specialized technical working experience / knowledge with the following technical currencies within a client/server and multi-tier environment:
– RDBMS development experience (DB2/Oracle/Azure SQL etc…)
– Datawarehouse patterns and techniques
• You are proactive, demonstrate initiative, have an eagerness to learn, be energetic and self-motivated, and thrive on challenge.
• You possess extensive knowledge of most aspects of Information Technology and industry practices as well as a detailed understanding of systems architecture, business systems analysis and application development.
• You have excellent analytical, problem solving and trouble shooting skills.
• An asset to have a good knowledge of financial markets, along with a broad knowledge of products, services, market trends, computer services, planning and control tools and organizational structure.
• An asset to have working experience / knowledge with Data Lake patterns and techniques; the use of DevOps tools for continuous integration and delivery (Jira, Jenkins, BitBucket, Splunk); the use of Power BI or Tableau development; building solutions using Java; Service Oriented Architecture (SOAP, REST) & Agile development.