Location: WFH, Toronto
Contract Duration: 4 months
Story Behind the Need
• Project Summary: The primary purpose of the role is to program/configure code or other technical deliverables on a project by project basis based on end user documented requirements, leveraging best practice and Mainframe standard development methodologies .
Knowledge of standards as they relate to code control, QAT, change management are mandatory attributes for this job.
• Secondary roles include design, support, coding and project participation.
• Deliver functional solution components on time and budget through delivery/adherence to the following:
• Technical documentation of solution
• User documentation of solution
• Programming/configuration of solution components
• Delivery of technical training to end user representatives
• Creation and execution of test/use cases in IST (UAT as required)
• Adherence to aspects of the SDLC or AGILE where applicable,
• Manage technical aspects of contractor deliverables as it relates to the environment supported
• Accountable for solution transition to the Application Support area including post-implementation overlapping support and ongoing 3rd line support.
• Develop/review medium to high complex applications systems including analyzing operations requirements, producing /reviewing general/detail design documents and creating the required documentation all which should pertain to the operations environments to ensure proper implementations
• Provide investigative summary analysis and technical advice to management, peers and users
• Contributes to architectural and programming best practices by maintaining up to date knowledge of solution components, delivery methods and abilities.
Qualifications of Must have skills:
1. Excellent written and oral communication skills.
2. At least 3 years of working experience gaining knowledge of COBOL, VSAM, JCL on MVS.
3. At least 3 years of experience working with CICS, IMS, DB2.
4. Deep understanding of tools and techniques in analysis and design
5. Strong Analytical skills.
6. Disciplined in development methodology and software development technologies and concepts.
7. Flexibility to adapt to a dynamic environment, both individually and within a team.
Nice to have Skills:
1. Familiarity with card products is an asset.
2. FI or Banking experience
3. Credit Card domain experience – an advantage