Duration: 1 year + Extension for 6 months
Location: WFH, Toronto
Story Behind of the Need:
Business Group: Seeking a Technical Business System Analyst to work on a Microsoft solution to build a data repository and reporting based on it.
• The BSA is required to collect requirements, build test cases, liaise with stakeholders, coordinate the project.
Candidate Value Proposition
• The successful candidate will have the opportunity to gain exposure to multiple bank streams while analyzing and ensuring regulatory data is accurate for business users. The successful contractor will be on a long term engagement for upwards of two years.
Typical day in Role:
• Works with key stakeholders within all business functions to align technology solutions with business strategies
• Creates, defines and document business requirements, models and functional specifications to ensure that operational requirements are accurately represented in the design and delivery of Microsoft products and solutions (SQL Server and Power BI)
• Demonstrates understanding of the problems that need solving and capability to capitalize on improvement opportunities
• Oversee the design, development and implementation of system changes and upgrades while partnering with a team of developers, testers, QA and Project Managers.
• Leads timely delivery of the project.
• Serves as a liaison between the various groups in the organization in order to provide the best technical solutions to meet user needs
• Develops and documents processes based on information collected
Must have skills:
1. Experience as a Business Systems Analyst – 5+ years of professional experience
2. Experience gathering business requirements and translating them into technical requirements – 5+ years of hands on experience
3. Understanding of how databases work – file mapping, software mapping – 3+ years of hands on experience
4. Technical/Formal Documentation – 3+ years of hands on experience
5. PowerBI – 2+ years of hands on experience
Nice to have:
– Financial Industry experience with Regulations
– SQL experience is a plus and will be prioritized
Education: Qualifications: Bachelor's degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field required. MBA or other related advanced degree