Technical Business/Data Analyst
Typical Day in Role
• The incumbent acts as technical business/data analyst resource in projects, providing detailed technical data analysis, testing, investigations, recommendations, program specifications and business requirements for development of technical solutions for the sourcing, delivery, and processing of required monthly/daily data sources within the distributed technical architecture to support client profitability and analytics for wholesale customers.
• Supported by knowledge of wholesale business products and detailed understanding of Bank source applications, the incumbent uses technical knowledge and business/data insights to design and build specifications for operationally stable processes that extract, transform, and map raw data to organized/structured schemas for the purpose of consistent reporting and analytics.
• The incumbent supports technical peers in the team and collaborate with business partners, data engineers and cross functional IT teams to deliver complex, creative, cost-effective and robust operationally stable data solutions. This includes development of complex queries against big data that are required to ensure data are accessible for analytics and reporting by the data teams, as well as providing oversight of reporting solutions using Tableau, and/or other industry standard BI tools.
• The incumbent provides acceptance testing and verification to help verify complex technical/business solutions for the assigned tasks. They will share the results with users for confirmation and sign-off to proceed with implementation to release the solution in production environment. The incumbent may be required to perform operational support after hours from time-to-time in order to support late hours implementation and operational processes.
• The incumbent drives the implementation of new processes, improving methodologies and utilizes cutting-edge technologies to expedite delivery of new and enhanced products to our customers on a daily basis. They drive adoption of modern testing approaches and techniques to both ensure excellent quality standards while delivering with velocity.
• The incumbent is expected to function independently combining technical expertise and business knowledge to recommend, develop and implement technical solutions and also identify opportunities for automation or efficiency in ETL processes. The incumbent may receive general direction from Director/Senior Manager/Project Managers/Business Analysts for the projects assigned.
• The incumbent is to ensure all activities conducted are in compliance with governing regulations, internal policies and procedures, while championing a customer focused culture that deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems and knowledge. They understand how the Bank’s risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions. They also actively pursue effective and efficient operations of their respective areas in accordance with our Values, Code of Conduct and the Global Sales Principles, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational compliance of AML/ATF/sanctions and conduct risk.
• Responsible for making recommendations and contribute within the development of medium to complex analytics projects in multiple environments/platforms (Linux/Python/Scala/Spark/Hadoop/mySQL/PostgresSQL/Hive/Unix/DevOps using Bitbucket/Jira/Jenkins) and supporting the sourcing and methodologies / ETL for 30+ application sources supporting Global Banking and Markets and Canadian Banking business lines in their client profitability and analytical processes.
• Strong understanding of many aspects of Information Technology including software development life cycle, various environment for unit-testing, integrated system test, user acceptance test, backup and recovery, failover, agile methodologies etc.
• Knowledge of Wholesale banking and dimensions including trading/banking products, client relationship, profitability and risk metrics, as well as understanding of CRM application (like SalesForce)
• Supports a $8billion revenue business involving numerous business lines operating globally
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
• 5+ years of practical progressive business analytics experience in building and supporting complex systems using latest technologies is essential.
• Must have progressive business/IT experience with minimum of 3 years of exposure to latest technologies/platform (Python, Postgres/mySQL/Hive databases, SQL programming, Linux/Unix/HDFS/Apache Kafka platforms, Airflow, Django, Tableau, concept of cloud platform).
• Working experience of development and deployment tools for DevOps (e.g. Pycharm/IntelliJ, Bitbucket/Github, Jenkins/Teamcity, JIRA, Confluence) would be an asset.
• Must be able to understand, modify and develop SQL/database queries for data analysis and building of business requirements as well as technical specifications for JIRA tasks assigned to developers.
• Working knowledge of BI tools like Tableau and PowerBI would be an asset.
• Must have excellent written and oral communication, strong analytical, problem solving and trouble shooting skills to identify/document critical issues, prioritize and apply technology and industry practices in ways that are most beneficial.
• Must be self-starting, results oriented and highly motivated individual with ability to work in fast paced, agile environment.
Degrees or certifications:
• Bachelor’s degree in a related field required