Technical Business Analyst
Location Address: WFH, location TBD if required to go back in to office, Downtown Toronto
Contract Duration: 31/01/2021 to 10/31/2022
Number of Positions: 2
Schedule Hours: 9am-5pm, Monday-Friday
Story Behind the Need
• Business group: GWRT – Regulatory & Compliance Technology
• Project: SMARTS Onboarding Work
• Reason for request: Growing project, in need of Technology lead
Candidate Value Proposition
– The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work with big data technologies. Building a more robust and scalable solution using Elastic Search, Python, Spark, and MINIO.
Typical Day in Role
• Dealing with data lake and data mapping, getting familiar with vendor products
• Looking for someone to lead initiatives to enhance processes from a technical side
• Establish controls as well as best practices to improve quality of life for staff
• Enhance existing ETL layer
• Primarily working with developers, other BAs, as well as some communication with vendors and compliance
• Dealing with all asset classes in capital markets (derivatives).
• Supporting the existing solution and making sure it is stable and up-and-running
• Will not need to code, but will need some technical knowledge to query data, specify technical specifications, and communicate with developers.
• Testing the solution specified
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
• 5-7+ years’ experience in a relevant capacity as a technical BA
• Knowledge of best practices, and applying them to the solution to make it more robust and improve quality of life for the team
• Capital markets experience
• Elastic Search and/or Python would be assets
Best vs Average: Somebody who is a self-starter who can lead and push through what they believe is best for the team overall. They thrive without being micromanaged by their superior. More technical skills such as Spark and Python are appreciated, although the prior BA experience and proper mind mindset are most important.
Degrees or certifications:
• Bachelor's degree in a relevant field required
Candidate Review & Selection
• Structure and Format: Behavioral interview (applying best practices, controls, experiences and lessons learned). This interview will be HM + another team member
• Potential second round, as indicated