Technical Business Analyst
Contract Length: April 4th – Oct 31st 2022 + high probability of extension (project anticipated until FY23)
Location: WFH (once on site – Toronto)
Story Behind the Need:
Business Group: FCORE- Application Development is seeking a Technical Business Analyst for a project to migrate existing functionality of a custom built Anti-Money Laundering (AML) system to the Investigation Hub (iHub) product from Oracle. There are numerous existing and required business flows and data flows that need to be compared to the out of the box offerings from iHub to identify which need to be updated by the development team and which will work as is. Project has begun and the candidate will be required to hit the ground running from a technology perspective.
Reporting to the Senior Manager Development the Technical Business Analyst will provide technical and operational assessments of requirements and contribute to design process for improving systems and business processes in order to deliver operational efficiency, positive employee and customer experience, and to satisfy regulatory requirements.
After sufficient ramp up time incumbent will be relied upon as the expert in the appropriate system.
Candidate Value Proposition:
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to be extended and get exposure to various teams in the bank.
1. Typical Day in Role:
• Participate in defining the product vision, detailing what the product is, how it will contribute to the organization’s strategy and who are the end users.
• Assist in release plans, specifying priority items to support product/solution functionality and help set the stage for sprint planning.
• Define and prioritize work for developers on the project and act as an SME for their questions and issues
• Collaborate with Scrum Master and/or Project Manager to continually manage scope, budget, and expectations (understanding scope burndown and its impact on release expectations).
• Work with product owners and/or end users to develop user stories, acceptance criteria or test cases for the product/system.
• Confidently assist the role of product owner where required, help prioritize Backlog.
• May be called upon to fulfill various deliverables within the scrum team such as designer, story writer, tester, facilitator, etc.
2. Provide effective business solutions and services to the assigned business lines:
• Facilitate ideation sessions with business sponsors and development representatives to formulate the business requirements and ensure adaptability of development iterations.
• Investigate, understand and continually enhance knowledge of how the business works, uncovering opportunities and proactively identifying areas with potential for delivering value.
• Build strong relationships and maintain open communication channels between project team and customers/business sponsors/product owner(s) to ensure transparency.
3. Lead the iHub implementation process by:
• Developing conversion and implementation strategies
• Verifying conversion
• Providing post-implementation warranty support
4. Responsible for ensuring that management is kept informed and that problems and issues are escalated appropriately.
5. Continually acquire and enhance knowledge of the Division's business strategies and policies, risk management practices and methodologies, product offerings, financial markets, financial instruments, regulatory requirements, Back Office processes, and rapidly changing technology.
Must have Skills:
– 7 years of progressive technical working experience in business systems analysis.
– 5 years experience working with with SQL, Python and/or Java to be able to understand the current functionality of existing notebooks
– 5 years experience with data mapping & test methodologies
– Experience with a project that migrates from an existing solution to a new solution
• Must be eager to learn, self-starting, results oriented and highly motivated individual with very good analytical skills in order to apply this knowledge to independently resolve complex business and system problems.
• Must possess proven interpersonal, communication (verbal/written/presentation) and negotiation skills in order to build consensus and obtain cooperation from both users and senior management.
• Must possess good time management and organizational skills in order to effectively manage a variety of assignments from ideation to project execution.
Nice to have skills:
– Experience with FCC Studio product from Oracle
– Experience with iHub product from Oracle
– Understanding of concepts of data modelling
– Previous work experience in regulatory environment an asset.
• Post-secondary education in business, economics, mathematics, information sciences or a related discipline.
Interviews: 2 Rounds of Video Conference Interviews
– The project for expanding coverage software provides to the bank onto same platform for multiple business lines