Location Address: WFH – Toronto
Contract Duration: 10 months (Possibility for extension or Convert to FTE)
Project: Seeking a technical Business Analyst to assist with a migration of information from the banks front end systems.
Candidate Value Proposition
The successful candidate will not only have the opportunity to gain valuable experience at a top 5 Canadian bank, but also get exposure to some of most advanced banking applications and process currently available in the market.
Typical Day in Role
– Contributes towards identifying, documenting, and mapping sources for existing data as well as new data sources.
– Evaluation of data identified from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts and classification of data in logical categories.
– Determines operational objectives by studying business functions; gathering information; evaluating output requirements and formats.
– Improves systems by studying current practices, designing modifications.
– Participate in technical design sessions, working with technical resources, to provide insight during solution development.
– Recommends controls by identifying problems, writing improved procedures.
– Participate in Sprint planning and estimation efforts to implement the user story.
– Work with the team members in the team and other analytics team members to understand business data
– Provide ad-hoc data queries or reports to the business for analysis using a variety of query tools
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
1) 8+ years of experience in a technical business analysis preferably in or for the financial services industry
2) 5+ years of experience and a strong understanding of SQL queries/statements
3) 5+ years of working exposure to Data Mapping, Data process and flow charts
– Nice to have previous experience with customer onboarding OR front-end applications OR Cloud
– Previous working experience in Banking Systems is highly desirable
– Self-starter that actively engages issues seeking resolution, ability to meet dynamic changes on prioritization
– Ability to manage assigned tasks and expectations without direct instruction or oversight
– Fast, adaptable learner who can hit the ground running
– Ability to work well under pressure while demonstrating strong professionalism
– Excellent communications skills to coordinate with high ranking individuals internally (Director, VP level and up)
-Strong investigation, prioritization, and organization skills
– Candidate must have an open mind when it comes to approach, and be able to assess each situation separately
– Must be able to collaborate closely with a team at times, while also being capable of holding themselves accountable to meet individual deadlines without hand holding
Degrees or certifications:
– Bachelor's degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field required