Location Address: WFH (Toronto once BCP is lifted)
Contract Duration: 1 year + good chance of extension
Story Behind the Need
• Business group: The group responsible for servicing Capital Markets and delivering system solutions for Wholesale Operations.
• Project: The team is working on an multiple projects and requires a strong Technical BSA to help with translating documents for development teams in a user friendly format.
Candidate Value Proposition
• The successful candidate will have the opportunity to engage with multiple business lines Globally, while utilizing newer database technology.
Typical Day in Role
• Directly support Wholesale Operations users to help resolve business and technology issues with the team, independently, and with urgency.
• Understands the business from several points of view and aligns IT&S systems and processes to address critical information and automation requirements.
• Responsible for the successful implementation of specific business line solutions for projects, supporting highly complex business applications with complex integration needs across multiple technology disciplines.
• Formulates and defines information systems scope, and objectives based on a thorough understanding of the requirements of the specific business line.
• Participates in all phases of the IT System Development Lifecycle (SDLC). Acts as a liaison between developers and business team members. Provides timely project status updates to the Project Manager; identifying/reporting project risks as early as possible and proactively mitigating project risks as identified.
• Provides expert knowledge of cross-functional and business processes. Requires little management direction and handles extremely complex problems.
• Collaborates as the business lead with multiple technology groups and vendors to ensure that the application, integrations, infrastructure and security architectures are designed to meet evolving business requirements, meet standards for reliability, scalability, performance and availability and align with IT&S Technology roadmap.
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
1) 5+ years’ experience in Capital Markets; Middle-Office (Operations).
2) 3+ years’ experience with SQL (MS SQL, Oracle) data querying, data analysis.
3) 5+ years’ experience communicating effectively using clear and concise verbal, written, and presentation communication skills at senior management levels.
4) 5+ years discovering user needs, requirements analysis, negotiation, writing/splitting stories, estimating story points, analysis, planning, design, testing, committing to delivering in 2-week sprints.
– Fast learner, accustomed to working in a start-up style, fast-paced, highly collaborative work environment. Will be tested.
• Knowledge of regulatory reporting oversight an asset.
• Knowledge of Confirmations and/or Reconciliation trade lifecycle an asset.
• Experience with machine learning an asset.
• Experience in technology supporting production information systems
Degrees or certifications:
• Bachelor's degree in a recognized post-graduate or master’s degree in business, computer science, finance, mathematics, CFA and/or FRM would be an asset.