Technical Analyst – Solaris/Red Hat x2
Location Address: WFH – Office: Toronto
Contract Duration: ASAP until 10/31/2022
Number of Positions: 2
Scheduled Hours: Monday-Friday or Tuesday-Saturday, 9am-5pm. Must be willing to work weekends on rotation.
Extension/FTE Opportunity: Possibility based on performance and project need.
Story Behind the Need
• Business Line: GTS – Infrastructure Operations
• Project: As part of a team, you will provide systems level support for over 3,000 mission critical application production and non-production servers. Your responsibilities include technical trouble shooting and providing solutions to complex issues, plus work on capacity planning and providing recommendations. This role will include project work and interacting with multiple team members.
Candidate Value Proposition
• The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work within one of the Top 5 Banking Institutions in Canada. We are technology partners who help the business transform how our employees around the world work. You'll get to work with and learn from diverse industry leaders, who have hailed from top technology. We offer a competitive total rewards package, including a performance bonus, company matching programs (pension & Employee Share Ownership), generous vacation; health/medical/wellness benefits; employee banking privileges.
Typical Day in Role
• As part of a team, providing senior systems support role for providing mission critical application production and non-production servers running Oracle Solaris and Linux operating systems.
• Working on Solaris, Linux operating systems running on Oracle Sparc and x86 HW products, virtual hosts including LDoms, VMware and Cloud.
• Working with Veritas Clustering/Storage Foundation, RedHat clustering, Solaris ZFS (Zettabyte File System) and EMC/Hitachi SAN storage products.
• Responsibilities include technical trouble shooting, providing solutions to complex issues, critical break fix activities.
• 7×24 production support, plus work on capacity planning and providing recommendations, ability to deliver IP360 and CCM security vulnerabilities fixes as per audit requirements.
• This role will include project work not limited to post build activities and data centre migration/consolidation and interacting with multiple teams and project management.
Candidate Requirements/Must-Have skills
1) 7+ years of hands-on technical working experience with the system administration, installation, configuration & troubleshooting of Solaris (versions 10/11) and Red Hat Linux (versions 6/7) Operating Systems.
2) 7+ of hands-on technical working experience with the configuration, administration, builds and troubleshooting of Veritas/Symantec Storage Foundation (VSF) & Veritas/Symantec Cluster Services.
3) 7+ of hands-on technical working experience with Network Information Service (NIS), Network File System (NFS), Solaris Zones & Solaris Logical Domains (LDoms).
4) Strong familiarity with technical working knowledge of SAN and Virtualization platforms/technologies.
5) Strong scripting capabilities (e.g., shell, perl) to complete day to day UNIX tasks.
Nice to Have Skills
• Previous experience working in the banking sector.
• Excellent written, presentation, and verbal communication skills.
• Proven ability to quickly learn and understand complex topics and new technologies.
• You can demonstrate superior problem solving & decision-making skills to resolve complex work issues.
• You are adept with the ability to work under pressure in a dynamic environment.
• You can demonstrate good interpersonal skills to build relationships with both internal and external business partners and vendors.
• Bachelor's degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field required.
Candidate Review & Selection
• 1 round video interview – panel (1 hour)