Position Title: Technical Analyst II
Duration: 6 months
Work Location: Toronto
SUMMARY OF DAY TO DAY RESPONSIBILITIES:
Ongoing BAU work – change management reporting
Our client is looking for an Enterprise IT Change Management Data and Reporting Analyst (ITIL Change Management) (contract – currently in 6-month renewable intervals) to join the Change Management Team supporting the defined Enterprise Change Management process.
This position reports to the Change Management Senior Manager and is a key position within Change Management team which is responsible for the daily coordination of technology Changes across all Lines of Business within the bank.
What are we looking for?
This individual must be an amazing and knowledgeable data expert who is already familiar with ITIL Change Management and/or has the ability to build, validate, manage, and report on essential data which will be recognized as the source of truth. This individual must be outgoing and can easily demonstrate their ability to manage, report and publish enterprise data in simplistic home-grown executive ready visuals, scorecards and dashboards.
SUMMARY OF DAY TO DAY RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Data Side:
The role is all about data. Enterprise Change Management data. As a Data Systems and Reporting Analyst the incumbent will be responsible for the business side and technical side of standard and custom reporting in a compelling and meaningful way. The duties involved in this role include but are not limited to:
• Creating and presenting/hosting dynamic Scorecards, team and executive dashboards, and team reports
• Gathering, filtering, analyzing, displaying and presenting analytical data associated to change management
• Responsible for running all team daily, weekly and monthly reports and be effective in analyzing the data to identify trends etc.
• Acting as the administrator of change management KPI's, SLA's, metrics, SLO's, objectives etc.
• Create and run scripts (SQL etc.) to extract and manipulate data and transform the data into the desired end result as required
• Facilitate Change Management reporting meetings, generate and distribute change management formal reports (Daily, Weekly, Monthly, Annual, ad-hoc)
• Work with team management to effectively publish, distribute, store, archive data and reports remaining in line with team data storage and data retention policies
• Conduct audits (QA) as an impartial third party to ensure all changes are effectively approved and meet all change management approval criteria
• Serve as a data and statistical specialist and subject matter expert resource with specific
expertise in data analytics, business intelligence, forecasting, scorecard analysis, publishing scorecards, special and ad-hoc reports, trending and managing/publishing KPI's.
• Collect data from various sources, interpret and analyze results using statistical techniques, and provide insightful analytical reports.
• Develop and leverage data collection techniques, data analytics, and other strategies that verify actual data and statistical accuracy and quality.
• Identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in data sets pulled from Tableau, ServiceNow and/or Microsoft Excel.
• Filter data by reviewing reports, printouts, and performance indicators, identifying variances.
• Work with management to prioritize business and information needs.
• Identify and define new process improvement
• Build, manage and automate the new standard change process including the review, approval, monitoring and tracking of all standard change templates, users, and implemented changes.
• Support the review, approval, attestation and tracking of all standard changes and pro-actively support the conversion of normal changes to standard changes leveraging various proven analytical formats including machine learning and artificial intelligence
• Chair, manage, participate in various Enterprise Change Management related meetings
• Review submitted Change requests for completeness, integrity and compliancy with process requirements; Evaluate risk and impact associated with submitted Changes
• Effective presentation of key performance metrics for the Enterprise Change Management process as well as ad-hoc requests for the various business units and support teams
• Manage the reporting on incidents and problems associated to changes, and manage the reporting of advisories
Job Requirements/Required Skill Set:
• Proven working experience as a data analyst with strong analytical skills with the
ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of
information with strong attention to detail
• Technical expertise regarding data models, database design development,
data mining, and segmentation techniques.
• Experience with ServiceNow or other industry ITIL based Change Management Software, Microsoft Power BI, Microsoft Excel,
• Expert-level experience
The incumbent must be familiar working in a fun, but fast paced dynamic environment and must working knowledge of the ITIL framework and familiarity with ServiceNow, specifically ServiceNow Reporting and ServiceNow Change Management. The individual must understand technical and functional requirements for ServiceNow for each ITIL discipline in change, problem and incident management. The role will also require analytics and BI capabilities to create, monitor and display KPI's and SLA's and measure against objectives. In addition to the analytical capabilities mentioned, the individual selected for this role will require an understanding of change management and problem management to compliment the analysis and presentation of data. The ideal candidate must prioritize multiple tasks effectively and deliver reports on schedule in a modern format. This role requires the ability to contribute appropriately to conversations and promote active listening with team members. Understanding the change management lifecycle and ServiceNow Change Management workflow is necessary and the candidate selected will be trained accordingly. Strong organizational, written and oral communication skills, the ability to multi-task, and attention to detail round off the requirements.
Required Qualifications / Skills / Experience:
1. College Degree or equivalent work experience (Computer Science Preferable)
2. 3+ years of experience working in a large and dynamic Enterprise Operations environment Strong understanding of IT Data, BI, AI and machine learning, and other key concepts
3. Strong leadership skills and assertiveness, balanced with diplomacy, to guide and influence stakeholders to ensure process compliance
4. Strong work ethics with focus on continuous service and process improvement, and a personal commitment to the success of the organization’s goals and objectives
5. Excellent verbal and written communication skills to both technical and non-technical audiences
6. Proven ability to work well both independently and collaboratively as a member of a team
7. Self-motivated, self-directed with strong organizational and time-management skills
8. Attention to detail is a must
9. Strong process knowledge and systems thinking
10. Strong facilitation skills to co-ordinate efforts of other team members
11. Expert with MS Office Suite of products (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Visio (asset))
12. Working knowledge of ServiceNow or another ITIL aligned Service Management tool is an asset
Any candidates granted the opportunity for an interview will be asked to:
1. Build/create and provide an example of a professional, executive dashboard/scorecard during the interview illustrating key change management KPI's