Location Address: Toronto
Contract Duration: Currently 2 months – extension based solely on performance
Story Behind the Need:
Project: Seeking a Technical Analyst to contribute to the overall success of the Department / Business Area in Canada / Country / Region / globally ensuring specific individual goals, plans, initiatives are executed / delivered in support of the team’s business strategies and objectives. Ensures all activities conducted are in compliance with governing regulations, internal policies and procedures.
Candidate Value Proposition:
The successful candidate will not only have the opportunity to gain valuable experience at a top 5 Canadian bank, but also get exposure to…
Typical Day in Role:
– Champions a customer focused culture to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems and knowledge.
– Work amongst shifts based on a 24 x 7 rotation
– Attend shifts punctually.
– Review, investigate, resolve (or escalate) incident tickets and emails in a timely manner.
– Review, investigate, resolve (or escalate) task/request tickets and emails in a timely manner.
– Communicate with requestors/peers/technical teams to accomplish resolution of requests/tickets
– Assist with weekend/off-hours maintenance work
– Troubleshooting issues with S/W vendor via cases
– Collaborating with Business Analyst team and Develop teams on a daily basis, in problem solving
– Time to Time Require to work with Project team as dedicated resource for duration of the project
– Understand how the Bank’s risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
– Actively pursues effective and efficient operations of his/her respective areas in accordance with bank’s Values, Code of Conduct and the Sales Principles, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational, compliance, AML/ATF/sanctions and conduct risk.
– Champions a high performance environment and contributes to an inclusive work environment.
– Responsible for ensuring 24×7 functioning of bank’s servers and applications to facilitate its operations and customers around the world globally.
– Support Critical Payment Applications and Back Office Operation
– Investigate and perform actions to gather troubleshooting data, resolve tickets.
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
1) 5+ years of experience in a similar Technical Analyst / Security Analyst related role
2) 4+ years of experience with Solaris 11/10 and Red Hat 7/8 platforms.
3) 4+ years of Experience in working in a virtualized server environment (VMs/Zones/LDOMs)
4) Experience in batch job scheduler (ie Tidal/Sysadmiral/Autosys) and End Of Day Processing – demonstrated in recent work
5) Experience handling/participation in support calls/bridges. Asset to have support case work experience/interaction with HW/OS/other 3rd party vendors
– Knowledge of Data Bases i.e. Oracle DB
– Experience in Shell scripting.
– knowledge on SWIFT Networked and related applications, Gateway and Messaging Application
– Knowledge of IBM MQ WebSphere and Application server/ web servers is required
– Candidate Have Passion of Learning
– Candidate Have Analytical Skills
– Candidate Will Be Result Focus
– Candidate Will Be Customer support oriented
– Candidate is a strong communicator (verbal/written).
– Candidate must possess solid organizational and time management skills.
Degrees or certifications:
– Candidate must possess a post-secondary degree or diploma in Computer Science/Engineering (or equivalent).