Location Address: WFH, Toronto
Contract Duration: 6 month contract
Story Behind the Need: This group is the centralized security master. They provide centralized data to capital markets and wealth.
Project: The successful candidate will be joining Compliance Transformation Project enhancements for the data that is flowing through with Markit groups. Data being updated for regulatory initiatives and ensuring that they are on a new centralized platform that is on the cloud (will have stronger data governance in place).
Candidate Value Proposition: The successful candidate will have the opportunity to be exposed to various technologies and algorithms that integrate multiple aspects of the bank.
Typical Day in Role:
• Gather requirements, design, configure, code, test and resolve issues in a development and production support environment.
• Development of modules, support for conversion of data, job scheduling, unit/integration testing, business process documentation, development of training materials, and delivery of end user training.
• Translate business requirements into configurations and interface specifications.
• Coordinate testing and validation with business users.
• Prepare detailed functional specifications for the development of custom reports, enhancements, interfaces, conversions, and forms.
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
1. 3 – 5 years’ gathering requirements and analyzing data through the SDLC cycle
2. 5 + years’ reading and writing SQL queries
Excellent Communication skills: need to have strong skills – very closely with the business and gathering requirements, testing – maintaining the business – taking business needs and translating to technical needs.
Nice to have Skills:
– Analyzing data with big data tools including Kafka, Elastic Search and Nifi technology (for aggregating big data)
– Knowledge of Asset Control (Vendor Product) – would help ramp of for knowledge of project
– Python programming skills is a plus; used for pushing data from GBM platforms
– Asset Control (FE is the code; big plus to have this experience)
– Market Data experience is plus
Degrees or certifications: Bachelor's degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field required. MBA or other related advanced degree preferred