Typical Day in Role:
• Reporting to the Director, Cloud Engineering, you will play a critical part in the data center consolidation project to leverage virtual machine or physical machine migration solutions to move machines to new Private Cloud infrastructure which is built by vary HCI solutions, VMware vRealize Suite, vSphere, vSAN, HCX, NSX-T, Cohesity, Platespin etc.
• You will work with technical and business subject matter experts on this large, technically complex, and moderately risky project to ensure the migrated applications are functional well to meet their business goals.
• When required, non-standard office working hours for scheduled implementations or while on rotational on-project support.
• You will manage and maintain the backup and NAS solution, assist in troubleshooting, and provide guidance.
• You will provide Level 3 support & vendor escalations for transitioned services.
• You will support the development of technical documentation of configuration and operational procedures for service operations teams (build & runbooks) & technical specifications.
• You will contribute to implementation planning.
Candidate Requirements/Must-Have skills:
1. Recent experience working as a Virtual Machine Backup Administrator.
2. 4+ years of hands-on technical working experience with backup from the following products: Cohesity and/or Dell EMC Data Domain (backup and replication) and/or NetBackup and/or Veeam, etc.
3. 3+ years of hands-on technical working experience with storage from the following products: NetApp NAS and/or Dell EMC and/or Hyper Converged Virtual SAN.
4. 3+ years of hands-on technical working experience with the architectural and/or deployment and/or operational support of VMware vSphere Hypervisor.
5. 3+ years of hands-on technical working experience with Microsoft Windows Server 2012/16 administration and/or Red Hat Linux administration 7.x.
6. 5+ years of hands-on technical working experience with Networking technologies and operational experience.
Nice to Have Skills
• Experience with VMware vRealize suite (including vRealize Automation, vRealize Operation Manager, vRealize Log Insight, etc.) and/or VMware Cloud Foundation.
• Experience with Scripting (VMware PowerCLI, Backup automation, REST API scripting, PowerShell & Python).
• Excellent written, presentation, and verbal communication skills to be able to work well with technical peers and business stakeholders at different levels within the organization.
• Excellent interpersonal skills to be able to collaborate and work closely with external vendors.
• Ability to analyze complex situations and problems and do the necessary research using multiple sources of information to arrive at innovative solutions.
• Ability to work as part of a team, as well as work independently or with minimal direction.
• Good time management and organizational skills to effectively manage high scale project.
• Bachelor’s degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field required.