Talend Developer- Spark/ Elastic Search/ Kafka/ Postgres
Typical Day in Role
• Primary scope of role is assisting in the creation of integration modules between internal applications
• Participate in development of cost effective and robust applications.
• Provide technical support to applications in production and during user acceptance testing.
• Participate in systems implementation, planning, and development.
• Provide technical guidance to other team members.
• Work within cross-functional teams to deliver project initiatives.
• About 50% is building net new code, 50% investigation of existing code and application support.
• Collaborating with core project teams, internal data platform team, infrastructure teams, secutriy teams, as well as other internal parties.
• Consider legacy applications and perform enhancements/modernize
• Working on execution/programming/unit testing of the project
• Working on liquidity risk data capture application (LRDC)
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
• 2+ years’ experience using Talend (in professional or other capacity)
• 3+ years’ experience using Spark
• 3+ years’ experience using Elastic Search and Kafka
• 5+ years hands-on experience with Postgres
• 3+ years’ experience using Linux or Unix, including related scripting
• Experience using Nifi
• Experience working on data transformation.
• Knowledge of financial instruments
• Experience using source control systems, GIT preferred.
• Curious in nature, and consistently on the look-out for process improvements
• Ability to work independently with minimum supervision.
• The candidate must be able to interact with numerous internal teams including Operations, Data Capture and Application support groups.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills. Ideas must be able to be understood and shared easily.
• Strong analytical skills
• Strong troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
• Disciplined approach to development methodology and software development technologies and concepts.
Degrees or certifications:
• Bachelor’s degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field required