Requisition Title: Systems Testing/QA Specialist – Level 3
Location: Toronto, ON
Duration: 3 months to start
Our public sector client is looking for a Systems Testing/QA Specialist – Level 3 for a S2i portal project.
The successful candidate will be working through the full cycle of the project.
Provides advice on the testing strategy, test plans, the selection of testing tools, and the identification of resources required for testing. Plans and organizes testing efforts for large systems in Graphical User Interface (GUI) and non-Graphical User Interface (GUI) environments, including the execution of systems integration tests, specialized tests, and user acceptance testing .
The Quality Assurance Specialist is responsible for the development of test plans, test scripts and test cases and executing these against the various components. The tester will work with the testing lead and IT lead of each project as well as the project team members in the analysis, design, development, implementation and ongoing support of the required systems
Experience and Skill Set Requirements
QA experience: 25%
· 10+ years of experience with DevOps/Agile/Scrum Methodology working with Web and Mobile technologies, as well as different OS/Platforms
· 10+ years of experience with different automation and manual testing types: black box testing, penetration testing, security testing, system testing, unit testing, AODA and UAT testing
· Solid experience creating Test Strategy/Test Plan document
· 10+ years of hands-on experience with BRD: analyzing business requirements and creating test data requirements
· Extensive experience with preparing detailed test cases to test functionality
· Proven experience with identifying bugs in software; excellent ability to document and explain bugs/issues to Dev and business teams
• Solid experience with triaging defects, participating and leading triage meetings, and producing defect summary reports
Technical experience: 25%
• Hands on experience with various defect tracking tools such as HP ALM
• Experience creating test cases and test scenarios in HP ALM
• Testing tools and techniques:
– Automation testing:
– UFT – Preparing scripts/updating existing scripts, run the scrips and capture results
– AODA – JAWS, VoiceOver, Hi Sheriff
S2i portal experience: 25%
· Previous experience with developing and supporting government benefits programs and solutions combined with income verification, such as Healthy Smiles Ontario and Benefits Finder.
· Experience with PKI Security infrastructure. For example: Canada Post Address module, Web Content Management and Government Payment Gateway
· Experience with statistics tools, e.g. Google Analytics and Crystal reports
AODA experience: 25%
• Comprehensive Knowledge of WCAG 2.0 success criteria for level A, AA, AAA,
• Extensive experience with Techniques, Methodology, tools to test accessibility for web and mobile applications
• Hands-on experience with accessibility testing using keyboard only, as well as via industry leading assistive technology tools
• Experience testing PDFs, Word documents accessibility
• Experience generating AODA testing reports