The Systems Analyst category is the bridge between the business problem and the technical
solution. It encompasses understanding and experience of various technologies.
Examples of priority tasks include, but are not limited to:
– Working jointly with clients and the Supervisor of Digital Content to execute the change
management process including sessions for gathering business rules, providing gap analysis,
and contributing to agile development to ensure the implementation is as per requirements;
– Liaising between the development resources, the quality assurance team, and other applicable
– Writing reports, specifications, and creating flowcharts;
– Analyzing information in order to reconcile conflicts, elicit requirements and distinguish
solution ideas from business needs;
– Leading the testing processes; and
– Working with the Quality Assurance Analyst identifying tests to be automated.
The Systems Analyst must demonstrate experience in:
– Collaborating with clients to analyze functional requirements;
– Reviewing technical designs and providing guidance to ensure designs meet and support
– Evaluating risks and predicting potential problems;
– Writing reports, specifications and creating flowcharts; and
– Strong oral and written communication skills.
The Systems Analyst must have a minimum three years experience:
– Working on multidisciplinary teams which include functional and technical resources;
– Acting as an intermediary between functional and technical resources;
– Writing SQL and using relational databases; and
– Using Excel Spreadsheets.
Experience in the following will be considered an asset:
– Gherkin or other business driven development language; and
– Drupal content management system.