Requisition Title: Systems Analyst – Level 3 – CPRI – ideasWeb – ColdFusion
Location: Toronto, ON
Duration: 2 – 3 months
DELIVERABLE: Reviewing and finalize the existing transition plan for securing and stabilizing the ColdFusion solution, tasks to remediate issues, and strategy for transition to alternative hosting environment. Ensuring environments are ready for remediation work to begin. Migration preparation of a third party hosted legacy solution built in ColdFusion technology and integrated with interRAI to an alternative hosting environment. Remediating vulnerabilities with the legacy ColdFusion solution to secure and stabilize it until a longer term solution can be put in place. Preparing a technology proposal to modernize and transition the legacy ColdFusion solution, and in align with organizational strategic direction. Deploying the interim remediated version of the legacy ColdFusion solution to an alternative hosting environment and providing post deployment support. Completing documentation and Knowledge Transfer delivery to FTEs. Developing documentation and materials as part of a review and knowledge transfer to other Cluster staff.
To provide senior technical expertise, project leadership and coordination of activities in the development, implementation and maintenance of a diverse range of cost effective I&IT solutions. To provide technical advice to clients and leverage OPS I&IT solutions and applications to meet program/service goals and objectives ensuring efficiency.
• Provides specialized technical expertise in the overall analysis of the design and architecture of systems solutions.
• Ability to evaluate recommendations and ensures all recommended solutions for improvement are congruent with the project goals and objectives
• Identifies short and long-term project goals/objectives, and as a senior technical expert, defines and identifies program and service delivery requirements in support of the development and/or acquisition of client applications
• Leads the analysis, development and documentation of design and architecture of systems solutions.
• Leads the development of testing, integration and implementation of systems solutions into the clients’ applications
• Guides the feasibility studies and cost effective analyses of proposed client I&IT initiatives, ensures all studies and analyses are documented
• Leads the technical aspects of projects related to the development and/or acquisition of a diverse range of client applications through all stages of the Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC). This includes planning, scheduling and estimating resources, providing technical expertise, co-ordination, monitoring progress and providing management with project status updates
• Demonstrated experience gathering requirements, translating business documents into technical specifications
• Experience leading development/support teams supporting multi-dimensional and relational databases and their applications for effective planning, budgeting, strategizing and forecasting procedures
• Demonstrated experience designing and developing complex applications utilizing relational and multi-dimensional databases
• Ability to provide implementation and post implementation support as required
• Oversees the research and evaluation of the technical components in the acquisition of software, hardware, technology, systems and products
• Recommends and directs the measurement and improvement of tools, techniques, standards and performance criteria to control the quality of application development initiatives
• Provides coaching and direction to junior analysts throughout the project, related to the development and/or acquisition of a diverse range of client applications through all stages of the Systems Development Life Cycle.
• Knowledge and experience in rapid application development (RAD) methodologies
• Knowledge and experience with middleware and gateways
• Knowledge and understanding of Information Management principles, concepts, policies and practices
• Experience with development/maintenance of documentation as per Methodology
• Good working knowledge of Dimensions and Facts
• Knowledge of multidimensional structures (cubes)
• Ability to gather, review and provide feedback to business requirements
Experience and Skill Set Requirements
Recent hands-on experience working with ColdFusion, interRAI, IIS, MySQL, and Microsoft SQL Server databases.