Requisition Title: Systems Analyst – Level 3
Location: Toronto, ON
Duration: 6 months
Our public sector client is looking for a Systems Analyst – Level 3 to support Transportation Safety Division Applications for Maintenance & Support (M & S) for Key Applications Critical Light-On. The resource would be maintaining source code that makes up our MTEO applications. This individual will be supporting 4-5 applications for this cluster. Production issues, minor changes to the program, and other items. Working in JAVA primarily, going in and making the changes to applications. Testing and deploying. Supporting roll outs.
- Work with Business Analysts / UX & UI Designer / Product Manager / Cloud Architect, base on storyboard, user stories, UI/UX artefacts, solution architecture, security requirements, data models, develop application design and technical specification document, deliver quality software products (including Minimal Viable Products and Cloud-Native Web Application products) as required.
- Create object-oriented models in UML as design artefacts using tools such as Power Designer.
- Support Quality Assurance & Defect Management, including Unit Test, Test Automation, Penetration / Vulnerability Test, Load Test, AODA Test, system / user test, migration test, etc.
- Construct / enhance / renew web applications using Cloud-Native & Java EE application models (e.g. Microservice Architecture, API-based model, Responsive Web Design, Serverless Architecture, etc), and industry-leading Open Source frameworks like Angular, React / Redux, JSON, GraphQL, Node.js, Spring Boot, Spring MVC, in addition to Java, EJB, JSP, Servlets, JDBC, JPA, XML (DOM, SAX, XSLT), DHTML/HTML, Web Service, WebLogic / WebSphere / JBoss / TomCat / WildFly, relational, hierarchical and NoSQL databases
- Provide critical application support (incident investigation, troubleshooting, interim / long-term fixes, maintenance / incremental changes, etc) for complex production Java enterprise Applications
- Provide Method of Procedure (implementation package) document for production releases where required, and operational procedure document for production support staff as required.
- Co-ordinate system development activities and provide technical consultative support to other staff members.
- Provide knowledge transfer to ministry staff at all stages of this assignment.
- ?Provide post implementation support.
- Knowledge of, and experienced with the following computing environments:
- Database: relational databases (Oracle, DB2, SQL Server)
- Operating System / Platforms: Unix (Solaris, AIX), Linux (e.g. RedHat), Windows (Server), container platforms / technologies (e.g. OpenShift / Docker), industry leading IaaS / PaaS Cloud platforms (e.g. Azure)
- Web / Application Servers: WebLogic, WebSphere, JBoss, TomCat, Microsoft IIS, etc
- Experience with Object Oriented Analysis & Design (UML – Use Case/Class Sequence/ Collaboration/State) and Micro Service Architecture model
- Proven Experience with all stages of automated system implementation in large complex high volume heterogenous systems, with online Mainframe Transactions
- Experience in structured methodologies for the development, design, implementation and maintenance of applications
- Knowledge in Cloud-Native application design, Agile, DevOps Continuous Delivery / Continuous Integration methodologies / processes, integration of business rules engines (e.g. OPA)
- Experience with MTO Road User Safety Solutions Branch architecture.
- Demonstrable knowledge and experience in working in accordance with policies and procedures of Ontario Public Service.
- Working experience with toolsets and open source software packages / frameworks that support object oriented languages and web application development including:
- Configuration / Builds: Harvest (or similar), Ant, GitHub / GitLab
- UML modeling tools
- JUnit, Log4J, Struts, iTEXT, Jasper Reports, Jakarta Commons Beans Utilities/Collections framework, Apache Commons Logging, Jenkins, Angular / REACT, Spring Boot, Spring MVC, etc
- Excellent problem solving, communication (verbal and written), and interpersonal skills.
- A team player with the ability to work with competing priorities and strict deadlines
- Proven ability to perform to successful completion assignments of high magnitude and complexity