Job Posting Title: System Analyst, Network – Level 3
Location: Toronto, ON
Duration: 3 months
A System Analyst will perform the role of a Senior Analyst, Network Oversight, and provide:
- Execute and support 911 dispatch centres emergency COOP activation plans
- Infrastructure capacity uplift for Remote CAD and Hyper Converge
- The build and coordination of the infrastructure work required for life cycle management, to mitigate risk with end of support hardware in CACC’s across the province that run 911 dispatch production systems.
- Technical expertise and coordination in administering, monitoring, managing and implementing security patches, upgrades and other mandatory changes as associated with Continuity of Operations
To provide senior technical expertise, project leadership and coordination of activities in the development, implementation and maintenance of a diverse range of cost effective I&IT solutions. To provide technical advice to clients and leverage OPS I&IT solutions and applications to meet program/service goals and objectives ensuring efficiency.
• Provides specialized technical expertise in the overall analysis of the design and architecture of systems solutions.
• Ability to evaluate recommendations and ensures all recommended solutions for improvement are congruent with the project goals and objectives
• Identifies short and long-term project goals/objectives, and as a senior technical expert, defines and identifies program and service delivery requirements in support of the development and/or acquisition of client applications
• Leads the analysis, development and documentation of design and architecture of systems solutions.
• Leads the development of testing, integration and implementation of systems solutions into the clients’ applications
• Guides the feasibility studies and cost effective analyses of proposed client I&IT initiatives, ensures all studies and analyses are documented
• Leads the technical aspects of projects related to the development and/or acquisition of a diverse range of client applications through all stages of the Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC). This includes planning, scheduling and estimating resources, providing technical expertise, co-ordination, monitoring progress and providing management with project status updates
• Demonstrated experience gathering requirements, translating business documents into technical specifications
• Experience leading development/support teams supporting multi-dimensional and relational databases and their applications for effective planning, budgeting, strategizing and forecasting procedures
• Demonstrated experience designing and developing complex applications utilizing relational and multi-dimensional databases
• Ability to provide implementation and post implementation support as required
• Oversees the research and evaluation of the technical components in the acquisition of software, hardware, technology, systems and products
• Recommends and directs the measurement and improvement of tools, techniques, standards and performance criteria to control the quality of application development initiatives
• Provides coaching and direction to junior analysts throughout the project, related to the development and/or acquisition of a diverse range of client applications through all stages of the Systems Development Life Cycle.
• Knowledge and experience in rapid application development (RAD) methodologies
• Knowledge and experience with middleware and gateways
• Knowledge and understanding of Information Management principles, concepts, policies and practices
• Experience with development/maintenance of documentation as per Methodology
• Good working knowledge of Dimensions and Facts
• Knowledge of multidimensional structures (cubes)
• Ability to gather, review and provide feedback to business requirements
Experience and Skill Set Requirements
Must Have – 40%
– Nexus 9K experience.
– Experience logical design models (L2/L3, VPC, VDC, Datacenter Zones, Spanning tree,VRF, VTP, VLANs, physical cabling).
– Working technical knowledge of network control protocols (QOS, PoE, NTP, DHCP),network management protocols (CDP, FTP, TFTP, SNMP) and security protocols (SSH,HTTPS, AAA, IPSec, TustSec).
– Must have at least 7 years of deploying, and implementing core route/switch and/or data center networks in accordance with industry best practices
– Related degree in computer science or electrical engineering and/or seven to ten years equivalent network engineering experience.
– SD-WAN (Viptela) implementation and migration experience.
Nice to Have – 20%
– Certifications in CCNP, CCIE R&S and/or Data Center Preferred.
– Knowledge or experience With Palo Alto technologies, Cisco UCS, or Cisco MDS
– Strong knowledge IP communication and routing is required (OSPF, EIGRP, BGP).
– Experience with inter-company routing
– Configuration management of networking devices using automation tools and API scripting with Python Aruba ClearPass implementation experience
– Experience with the Public Safety agencies and/or its stakeholders
– Experience with the projects related to 24×7 critical environments and operations
Optional Skill – 10%
– Able to conduct research into networking issues and products as required
– Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills with the ability to work well in a collaborative environment.
– Highly self-motivated and directed, with keen attention to detail.
– Able to effectively prioritize tasks in a high-pressure environment.
– Strong customer service orientation with proven analytical and problem-solving abilities