Job Title: Sr. Training Advisor
Location Address: Toronto – Currently WFH
Contract Duration: 5/1/21 – 2/28/22
Story Behind the Need
Business group: Operating Practices – These roles support the training workstream for a large Canadian Banking regulatory bank act project called Bill C86 Consumer Protection. There are 14 different workstreams on this project that are making changes to process and systems to be in government compliance by April 1. 2022. This project impacts around 20,000 employees. The project is owned by the Canada Banking Operating Practices regulatory and policy group.
Project: Consumer Protection Workstream, Regulatory Project part of Bill C86.
This role is accountable for delivering consumer protection workstream training program(s) for all applicable businesses that sell products and services in Canada.
The role will lead the design, development and implementation of consumer protection workstream training program(s) ensuring alignment with the consumer protection project workstream activities, the identified consumer protection training methodology, and the business requirements.
This role is part of the Consumer Protection training workstream and will require collaboration with numerous Consumer Protection workstreams, business representatives, Global Training COE and other relevant groups to identify and implement solutions to meet employee and organizational needs.
Candidate Value Proposition: An opportunity to be part of a fast paced project that is really important to the Bank and our customers. The work will be very team oriented with all roles working together to build the appropriate training. The work will demand an agility factor as there will be opportunities (planned and unplanned) to pivot from the expected course of action, and demand creative thinking to find alternate ways to meet the training expectation in a fast and effective way.
If you like team work, applying training methodology, fast paced activity and juggling multiple projects at the same time – this role is for you.
Typical Day in Role:
– Multiple, complex, and high visibility projects
– Work impacts employees across Canadian Banking and Global Operations and others.
– Leads and drives a customer focused culture to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems, and knowledge
– Leads and manages the update of the consumer protection multi-level/multi-business blended-training curriculum, ensuring alignment with training needs and requirements, the consumer protection training methodology and interaction model and the bank's COE Learning standards and guidelines.
– Collaborates with internal partners and consumer protection design and development team members to update and implement solutions, including a variety of methods including virtual instructor-led, e-training, videos, social media, teams’ skills and leaders’ guide.
– Collaborates with numerous consumer protection workstreams, business representatives, and other relevant groups to design and implement assigned training programs.
– Identifies and manages the relationships with all the appropriate review groups that will need to sign off on training content.
– Employs a performance consulting approach to ensure that training solutions address defined performance gaps and organizational outcomes.
– Leverages the bank's standards to develop the training program(s) assessment and quiz(es) for all training deliverables to test employee knowledge.
– Leverages the bank's standards to develop the training program(s) evaluation strategy to measure and evaluate the training assets and program to ensure training effectiveness across all identified businesses
– Leverages the bank's standards to identify audience participants by HR role.
– Responsible for the workstream training approach the accumulation of all training decisions regarding the user experience, the audience determination, assessment and Develops ongoing relationships with workstream leaders to identify and understand business process and technology changes and timelines that may impact training requirements
– Develops and manages vendor relationships to optimize training program development and deployment
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
1) 5-10 years of experience designing and developing training programs
2) Strong knowledge of training ADDIE methodology, theories and training practices
3) 5-10 years of experience – Ability to translate strategy into actionable plans and results
4) 5-10 years – Strong project management skills and effective execution skills to ensure successful delivery/implementation of training initiatives and programs
Degrees: Post-secondary Degree or Diploma in Performance Consulting, Adult Education, Educational Technology, or Instructional Design desired