Sr QA Test Lead – SQL
Typical Day in Role
• Working on enhancements and defects that had been fixed by developers to review scope, design test plan, execute test plan, work with development to resolve any issues identified through testing, generate test summaries, and create a QA exit report.
• This is a manual QA role, with the opportunity to work on automation if the contractor chooses to participate in this area
• Communication with BAs to understand requirements, developers, BAT team to review testing scenarios and testing results, automation team.
• Jira and Confluence for test creation and test documentation
• Using Excel for scenario creation and results tracking
• Utilizing the internal software – Credit 360
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
• 5+ years’ experience conducting manual testing, preferably on trading applications
• Strong experience with SQL: ability to design and execute complex SQL queries and pull data from database for testing
• Previous experience with Jira and other test management tools
• Demonstrated experience developing and executing test cases, scripts, plans and procedures to support various development methodologies
• Familiarity with entire software development life cycle and test cycles (Unit, Regression, Functional, Systems, Stress & Scale, Smoke & Sanity)
• Understanding of multi-tier web application architecture and deployment
• Understanding of existing QA best practices and methodologies to design, implement and automate processes
• Prior success using a metrics-driven approach and closed-loop feedback to improve software deliverables and improve predictability and reliability of releases
• Capital Markets and banking experience
• Capacity to participate in automated tasks is an asset:
o End to end automation experience (UI, API, and database automation testing).
o Experience in CI/CD tools such as Jenkins is required.
• Detailed and effective written communication skills for documenting the features tested and bugs found
• Highly organized, detail oriented, extremely responsive and able to prioritize a large number of tasks
• Self-motivated, works well independently and with others
Degrees or certifications:
• Bachelor's degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field required