Sr. Product Owner – Digital
One of Nexus Group's financial services clients is in need of a Product Owner to join their growing team. The ideal candidate would bring strong experience in Marketing Technology, with a combination of strong business acumen and project delivery experience. Top priorities include: strong experience in Agile, A/B testing, and Marketing Technology expertise.
- Communicate with the business stakeholders and take responsibility for building “the right thing.”
- Serve as the primary source of external information for the Scrum team, offering clear definitions of the targeted capability, the intended value to the customer, and functional/non-functional requirements.
- Manage engagement with bank stakeholders and effectively communicate digital product release contents and expected digital product capabilities/customer journey.
- Apply incremental delivery principles, drive the delivery of business value, communicate progress, elicit feedback and enable stakeholder reviews for validation in the process.
Leadership and Execution
- Author, refine and approve backlog items, with clearly articulated “definitions of done”.
- Prioritize user stories to best achieve business goals, ensuring sufficient depth of groomed items for development consumption and commitment.
- Ensures user stories are clearly defined and the team understands the scope and expectation of work.
- Ensures that the digital product backlog is visible, transparent, and clear to all, and decides what the team will work on next.
- Assist in the development of digital product roadmaps to identify the minimum viable digital product and subsequent releases.
- Play a leadership role in the Scrum team to ensure that high quality and creative solutions are implemented for challenging problems.
- Facilitate creative problem solving on a day-today basis no matter the circumstances, working closely with development on implementation challenges, turning ambiguity into clarity in a fast-paced environment.
- Use KPIs and digital product metrics to inform the team’s direction.
- Review QA test plans to align with acceptance criteria, facilitate testing and review of early builds for adherence to functional requirements.
- Identify and manage business activities (operating model, training, communications, etc.) required to support agile initiatives.
- Manage project financials, develop value-at-stake and total cost of ownership models and define KPIs to measure business outcomes and team success.
- Coach team members and help with their development / desired outcomes as required.
- University or College Degree
- 5+ years related experience in digital product management or technical solution delivery is preferred.
- Excellent project delivery skills, with proven accomplishments leading cross-functional projects.
- Facilitation and fact-based problem solving to resolve complex issues and drive actionable outcomes.
- Previous work experience with significant accountabilities relating but not limited to:
- Digital Product management and digital product development
- Leading IT and business teamsDigital Product management and digital product development
- Mobile Delivery
- Influencing senior executive decisions
- Experience in a technology company or top-tier technology consulting firm an asset.
- Experience with Agile tools such as Jira, Confluence, etc.
- Master's / MBA considered an asset.
- Certified Scrum Product Owner designation is an asset.
- Working knowledge of Mobile platforms, Information Technology, Mobile application development.