Job Title: Sr. Field Technician, Installation
Contract Duration: 6 Months
The Sr. Field Technician, Installation is responsible for all aspects of customer equipment installation testing and commissioning, in a HUB/POP/Data center environment. This position is customer facing and as such, overall customer service skills combined with the specific technical competencies outlined, are integral to the position and a requirement for consideration. Support functions include (and are not limited to) a combination customer support both external and internal, Network Operations Centre (NOC), Provisioning/Test and Acceptance and Technical Planning.
- Minimum of Grade 12
- Preference given to University Degree/ Technology Diploma from an accredited institution.
- Equivalent telecommunications field services related experience will be a consideration.
- Minimum 3 – 5 years of telecommunications related experience.
- Proven ability to work independently and meet aggressive deadlines.
- Comprehensive knowledge surrounding Health and Safety in a Carrier Environment HUB’s, POP’s, Data Center’s, CO’s.
- Understanding of Telecom service provider networks – this may include some or all of the following; ATM, Ethernet, IP, SONET & TDM, DWDM, PWDM and other related optical carrier service solutions
- Understanding of Telecom service provider HUB, POP, & CPE installation best practices.
- Detailed understanding of – Service Provider Ethernet Transport Services (TLAN), Private Line Data Transport Services, Internet Transport Services, & VoIP
- Detailed working knowledge of layer 1 & 2 protocols and a working knowledge of layer 3 protocols.
- Working knowledge and experience in bridging/switching, TCP/IP inter-networking and routing with MPLS, OSPF & BGP; understanding of CIDR address allocation.
- Detailed understanding of provisioning processes within a Service Provider environment.
- Ability to read and interpret network circuit diagrams.
- Working knowledge of telecommunications test equipment – preferably, JDSU 2802/6000/8000, Exfo FTB 1 & 200, Exfo VFI, Corning LFI, Fluke Cable Test, Fluke DMM/ Ammeter etc
- Ability to read and interpret test results ? Detailed understanding of Optical Media Converter Technology and alternative customer Ethernet Access technologies
- Working knowledge and understanding of Network Management and monitoring platforms i.e. HP Open View NMM, Open-i
- Detailed understanding of HUB and POP site infrastructure and installation best practices.
- Front line support of functions relating to the administration and installation for all customer delivered services.
- Understanding of and ability to follow MOP’s.
- Provide front line support as well as on-site support to customers as required.
- Work with Technology Planning, Operations, Sales and Contractors to support customer orders as required in the Field.
- Coordinate and arrange customer site access for the installation and testing of customer orders as required in order to meet established delivery intervals and customer expectations.
- Track and update on a daily basis all customer order activity in CDS’ OSS (COMs).
- Contact the NOC prior to any network or customer order provisioning, as well as accessing any HUB’s or POP’s to do any order provisioning or network related activity.
- Attend cross functional team meetings as required to review all customer orders for status of the order and review any outstanding issues.
- Review all customer order documentation for accuracy prior to scheduling of order and assist in coordinating your daily workload and appointments in advance for all installations at customer locations.
- Maintain a daily work order log to track delivery and installation time lines for all customer orders as well as any network related activity.
- Provide As-Built documentation for all customer circuit completion forms as well as HUB/POP equipment commissioning, and MOP’s.
- Complete provisioning and required circuit testing on orders prior to customer commit dates where possible.
- Complete pre-work activities necessary to successfully and efficiently implement MOP’s and Network Release activities prior to scheduled release window.
- Maintain an accurate account of vehicle inventory for customer/network provisioning and complete the appropriate electronic requisitioning of inventory on a weekly basis to ensure that proper stocking levels of electronics and consumables are maintained.
- Participate in mandatory standby rotation as required.
- Complete two weeks of cross-training in the Network Operations Centre (NOC) per year.
- Testing and reviewing of MOPS and provisioning guideline documents in the CDS test Lab.
- Be safety and control conscious and aware of established control procedures, laws and regulations. 19. Respond to all departmental needs on an ad hoc basis to meet customer needs on an urgent basis. 20. Other duties as assigned.
Physical Demands and Visual Acuity
- Able to lift up to 50 lbs for short periods of time. ? Driving is required.
- Mostly field work.
- HUB/POP/Data center
- Customer premises
- This position requires the incumbent to undergo a Criminal Records Check and submit a Canadian Police Clearance Certificate.
- G License and clear driver’s abstract.