Job: Database Developer – Senior
Location: Toronto, ON
Duration: 6 Months
Key Deliverables & Responsibilities:
• Migrate the Market Risk database from Netezza to Greenplum:
a. 600 tables need to be converted.
b. 15 TB of data needs to be migrated.
c. 160 stored procs need to be converted, some of these can be quite complex.
• Develop a partitioning strategy for Greenplum – current data in uncompressed partitions, older data in compressed partitions.
• Develop a disaster recovery solution for Greenplum.
• Help developers and business users to convert their SQL from Netezza to Greenplum.
• Understand bi?temporal data modeling.
• Develop stored procedures which serve as APIs for both reading and writing data.
• Develop feeds to publish data to other systems.
• Run deployment tools to maintain multiple instances of the database.
• Prepare documentation and maintain Power Designer data models.
Must Have Skills:
Must have experience with one or more databases: Netezza, Green plum, Oracle, SQL Server. Power Designer is a plus.
8+ Years of Expertise in data modeling, writing SQL queries, stored procedures, reports, and ETL for relational databases.
Experience in SQL optimization and performance tuning.
Experience in the finance industry. Knowledge of data associated with Value at Risk (VAR), Monte Carlo simulations, and regulatory reporting a big plus.
8+ Years of Enterprise data warehouse experience – Must have experience with databases larger than 1 TB.
Excellent communication skills (oral and written) are required.
Must be able write excellent documentation and well commented code.
Nice to Have Skills:
Knowledge of bi-temporal databases is a big plus.