Location Address: WFH, Toronto
Contract Duration: 6 months + good chance of extension
Story Behind the Need
• Business group: The department is searching for 1 motivated Senior Capital Markets Business Analyst to support and maintain front and back office applications for Back end and Upstream trading data for a Project.
• Project: The successful candidate will join a dynamic ongoing project for trading support and production and is looking for Wallstreet, Upstream and back end trading applications
Candidate Value Proposition
• The successful candidates will have the opportunity to be exposed to cutting edge technology in a fast-paced environment.
Typical Day in Role
• Provide business support to all global units, including Mexico business partners.
• Manage multiple small projects and/or manage specific sections of large projects to implement solution to business partners. This involves planning and scheduling resources, developing detailed project plans, monitoring progress against planned objectives, financial review, and securing consensus and co-operation from users and senior management
• Participate in the systems implementation process by defining business requirements and processes, developing fast strategies and test cases, performing testing, defining user procedures and workflows, assisting in the development of conversion and implementation strategies, providing user documentation, providing user training and providing post implementation support.
• Serves as a liaison between the business community and the IT organization in order to provide technical solutions to meet user needs.
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
1) 3-5 years’ experience supporting and testing Wallstreet FX Trading Application’s (Mainly Mexico application)
2) FX Product Knowledge is required – Minimum 1 recent project exposure in FO or BO applications
3) 3+ years’ experience writing SQL Queries to track production issues and log defects before communicating with development team
4) Excellent communication skills required to be able to work with both front office staff and the back-office development team daily.
-Team is looking for someone who can work independently – and can go out and get the answers from the business as needed. A go getter and can move quickly and solve problems
– Resource needs to be able to articulate and convoy their ideas concisely
– Front Office Trading Support experience or system analysis experience
– Previous Unix / Shell Scripting experience is a plus
– Experience UAT testing and building test cases is a plus
– Experience of MS Excel, MS Visio, MS PowerPoint, Unix
– Experience with Wallstreet FX Application; overall business knowledge of FO or BO applications in respect to FX
– Knowledge of the trade life cycle
– Understanding Unix / Shell scripting – to understand any troubleshooting that maybe needed
– Spanish speaking is a nice to have
Degrees or certifications:
• Bachelor's degree in computer science, computer engineering, business, econometrics or related field required