Sr. Business Systems Analyst
Story Behind the Need
Canadian Digital Banking Engineering – Digital Payments is seeking 1 Business Systems Analysts to provide hands-on support to deliver the RTR (Real-Time Rails) initiative. This is a Sr. BSA role in a microservices development team (Agile), the candidate needs to have deep knowledge of REST API's/microservices and will be working directly with API developers on a day to day basis, lead the requirements gathering by talking to Product Owners/other upstream/downstream teams, and other delivery activities. They will primarily supporting RTR (Real-Time Rails) but other support as well.
Typical Day in Role
– Champions a customer-focused culture to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems, and knowledge.
– Analyze and develop technical requirements based on solution documentation
– Ensure integrity of the business and technical requirements in the end-to-end customer journey
– Drive joint application design solutioning sessions with our architecture, development, and security architecture teams that inform high-level estimates for large and medium-sized incoming initiatives
– Facilitate requirements gathering and design sessions with multiple stakeholders to extract requirements, and turn them into use cases, user stories, sequence diagrams, etc. to meet development and stakeholder needs
– Lead enterprise process engineering development across infrastructure, Security, DevOps and cryptography teams
– Create, refine and maintain the product backlog and associated deliverables; release backlog with forecasted delivery timelines
– Bridge the gap between business and IT, ensuring common understanding and IT/Business alignment of both functional (for business needs) and non-functional requirements (such as reporting, performance, interfaces, and constraints.)
– Help improve and drive our engineering practices by providing valuable inputs and suggestions as to what works well and what can be done better
– Understand how the Bank’s risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
– Actively pursues effective and efficient operations of his/her respective areas in accordance with our Values, Code of Conduct, and the Global Sales Principles, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to, and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational, compliance, AML/ATF/sanctions, and conduct risk.
– Champions a high-performance environment and contributes to an inclusive work environment.
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
1) 7+ years of experience as a Business Systems Analyst in a challenging IT system solution environment.
2) 5-7+ years of hands-on experience with REST API's/microservices
3) 5+ years of experience in an agile environment – agile/lean evangelist
4) Comfortable creating BSA artifacts – user stories, sequence diagrams, etc.
– Banking experience
– Experience in Scrum master/delivery lead capacity
– Detail Oriented. You notice all the little details for every document/requirement/conversation that comes across you, and it drives you crazy that others cannot keep everything consistent.
– Self – Motivated. You do good work, and lots of if; the drive to deliver quality work is just a part of you. You are also able to simplify complex situations and navigate ambiguity.
– Communicator/Negotiator. You are great at making sure everyone's speaking the same language and are on the same page, and sometimes that involves some give and take.
– Multi-tasker. You are able to multi-task and work on multiple initiatives at the same time.
– Learning is breathing. You stay current on the tools and approaches that work best. And you are excited about working on new projects because every project is a new learning opportunity!
– Team Player. You enjoy collaborating with, learning from, and teaching others so we all become better.
Degrees or certifications:
– Bachelor's degree in a technical field such as Engineering or Computer Science degree preferred