Sr Business Analyst
Story Behind the Need
FCORE, AML Technology is seeking an IT Business Analyst to contribute to the overall success of the team which is globally responsible for supporting and delivering system solutions. The successful candidate will work closely with various stakeholders including business partners in Anti-Money Laundering Operations, Compliance, business analyst, architecture, and infrastructure and support to understand business requirements and drive the analysis and design of quality technical solutions that best support the business need. Ensuring specific individual goals, plans, initiatives are executed / delivered in support of the team’s business strategies and objectives. Ensures all activities conducted are in compliance with governing regulations, internal policies and procedures.
Reason for request: Project
Typical Day in Role
– Champions a customer focused culture to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems and knowledge.
– Elicit and document (user stories, story maps, etc.) high level and detailed requirements and process/data flows (as-is, future state) for enhancements and new feature requests for existing onboarding and servicing applications for Wealth Management
– Provide investigative support and perform prioritization, root cause analysis, and impact analysis for L1 and L2 support for existing applications
– Work as a liaison among various business and technology teams to ensure strategic alignment for the solutions being considered/implemented
– Conduct, gather and manage requirements elicitation and demo sessions with stakeholder teams
– Identify key project assumptions, dependencies and constraints
– Present and articulate technology solution options to IT/business stakeholders at various levels in formal and structured settings, including business sponsor and senior management team to support decision making
– Understand how the Bank’s risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
– Actively pursues effective and efficient operations of his/her respective areas in accordance with our Values, its Code of Conduct and the Global Sales Principles, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational, compliance, AML/ATF/sanctions and conduct risk.
– Champions a high performance environment and contributes to an inclusive work environment.
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
1) 5+ years of experience as a System Analyst or Business System Analyst in large and complex application development and/or client solution delivery
2) Wide spectrum of general technical knowledge, including programming, database, infrastructure, security policy, solution architecture, data architecture etc – 3+ years of experience – identified on resume
3) Ability to understand, modify and develop SQL/database queries for data analysis and building of business requirements as well as technical specifications for JIRA tasks assigned to developers – 3+ years of experience
4) Working knowledge of Agile Project Management, Risk Management and Change Management skills – demonstrated in recent project work
– Previous experience in financial industry desirable
– Exceptional analytical, problem solving skills, vision and innovative approach to build and perform research/evaluation of technical solution options
– Self-starter that actively engages issues seeking resolution, ability to meet dynamic changes on prioritization
– Excellent communications skills to coordinate with high ranking individuals internally (Sr Manager and Director level generally)
– Ability to manage assigned tasks and expectations without direct instruction or oversight
– Fast, adaptable learner who can hit the ground running
– Ability to work well under pressure while demonstrating strong professionalism
-Strong investigation, prioritization, and organization skills
– Candidate must have an open mind when it comes to approach, and be able to assess each situation separately
– Must be able to collaborate closely with a team at times, while also being capable of holding themselves accountable to meet individual deadlines without hand holding
Degrees or certifications:
– A recognized under-graduate degree in business, mathematics, computer science or a related discipline