Job Title: Sr. Analyst Client Technical Support
Duration: 1 year contract from start date
Location: Toronto, ON
The On Site Support (OSS) team is responsible for overall End User Computing support encompassing desktop hardware, operating system, enterprise application software, peripherals and mobile devices. This team primarily ensures successful delivery of End User Computing services to our client through measured service response and service restoration targets. In addition, the team fulfills client service requests, change orders, and standard hardware refresh activity.
Problem solving is a key component of the role; the incumbent must be able to identify and understand the problem then determine the best way to discover, implement and test the solution to ensure complete and proper resolution. Common problems that will arise include failed end user hardware, local user software errors, single user virus incident remediation.
• Provide Level 2 On-Site Support for all reported end user related incidents. The incumbent will further diagnose a client-reported problem associated with End User Computing services (desktop, laptop, printer, peripherals, enterprise applications) that has been escalated from Level 1 (Service Desk/Front Line Technical Support), delivering prompt follow-up and updates for incident tickets
• Provide inventory control and lifecycle asset management for end user computing devices. The incumbent will be required to effectively manage inventory control system, participate in inventory integrity audits and reviews, prepare detailed reports for inventory validation, and execute asset procurement activities.
• Execute PC refresh strategy. The incumbent will organize desktop and notebook hardware refresh activity for end users and execute these refreshes in accordance with pre-determined timeline. This requires coordinating and scheduling the refresh work activity to meet end user availability, and following established procedures for hardware device refresh to include configuration of standard desktops/notebooks and peripherals.
• Process and deliver upon client service request for Installs, Moves, Adds, Changes, & Deletes. The incumbent will execute these service request types in accordance with established service delivery response targets. This requires scheduling the work associated with the request in conjunction with other business priorities and client availability for service delivery.
• Participate in key software and hardware deployment projects. The incumbent will work as part of broader technology initiatives and implementations sponsored by other areas of Enterprise Services, playing a service deployment role for those major implementations. Examples include: PC operating system upgrades, security software upgrades, major enterprise application rollout, major hardware upgrades and/or rollouts.
• Manage and maintain On Site Support procedures and operational documentation. The incumbent will ensure procedural documentation is maintained current and accurate. The incumbent will author updated 1st Level support scripts for the Service desk agents.
• Demonstrated knowledge and skills with PC operating systems (specifically Windows 7 and Windows 10), computer hardware repair, and device connectivity (TCP/IP, network adapter configuration).
• Solid understanding of network (WAN, LAN, VPN) and telephony systems.
• Working knowledge of enterprise software tools such as MS Office365, Lotus Notes.
• Proven customer experience, practiced communication skills, both orally, and written.
• Technical education and training resulting in a certification (product-specific, vendor-specific, or technical courses) in any area of support for personal computers including: computer operating systems, computer hardware repair, PC configuration.
• Minimum 1-2 years of field support experience in either: end user support, software support, computer hardware configuration and/or repair, Help Desk / Service Desk support.
• Experience interacting and working with third-level technicians/engineers and external vendors a plus.
• Demonstrated experience managing competing demands and working in fast-paced environment