Position Title: SQL Server Developer
Duration: 6 months
Work Location: Toronto
SUMMARY OF DAY TO DAY RESPONSIBILITIES:
Reporting to the Senior Manager of Data Analytics & Development, the IT Data Specialist will provide data analytics and development function on data solutions to support Enterprise reporting objectives to rationalize, standardize and optimize the team's products and services. This position also assumes a hands-on role in collaboration with other team members on a broad range of data management functions including data mining and exploration, data analytics, metadata enrichment for metric design and development.
· Perform a broad range of data analysis functions including data modeling, data profiling and exploration, data quality, metadata enrichment and data lineage.
· Create and maintain detailed and accurate documentation of workflows, data staging procedures, data dictionaries with data definitions, metadata, data lineage, quality thresholds, etc.
· Contribute to various operational activities (e.g. report production, system queries, process mapping, tracking, analysis and procedural support) as assigned
· Maintain effective relationships with business partners and support groups, both internally and externally by employing strong communications, leadership and negotiation skills to ensure best possible outcome of all assigned initiatives
· Participate in Data Governance activities that include establishing a common/standardized data and business definitions
· Ability to interpret business requirements and provide/suggest design solutions beyond stakeholder/customer requirements for value-add towards common organizational goals/objectives.
· Demonstrated ability to work autonomously and drive initiatives forward in collaboration with stakeholders and working teams.
· Deep knowledge of business analysis and business requirements development
· Effective customer engagement and relationship management skills
· Knowledge of data quality practices and data analytics.
· Demonstrated analytical, conceptual and creative thinking to design business solutions
· Self-motivated, ability to work independently by prioritizing workflow
· Work effectively with other Team members and Business Partners internally and externally
· Strong analytical skills and ability to independently perform research and make informed decisions based on experience and knowledge
· Strong oral communication skills and the ability to clearly articulate requirements in writing
· Excellent interpersonal/relationship skills – able to deal with individuals at various levels of the organization
· Integrity & discretion – this role allows significant access to sensitive information about the Bank, strategy, results, and key issues being addressed
1.) ETL developer – 10 years
2.) Experience in designing data warehouses – 5 years
3.) SQL Server experience – 10 years
4.) Strong communication
NICE TO HAVE:
1.) Experience in agile methodology
2.) Experience in technology risk data