Duration: 1 year + good of chance of extension (6 months)
Location: WFH, Toronto
Story Behind of the Need:
Business Group: Seeking a SQL/ ETL Developer to work on a Microsoft solution to build a data repository and reporting based on it.
• Understand and interpret business requirements, design the data model and find the best fit data architecture solution. Identify and document specifications and processes.
• Work in Extract Transform and Load (ETL) development and testing using SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) to acquire or transpose data from other systems or databases into report databases and maintain databases as required to support reporting and reporting environments;
• Conduct ETL, SQL and DB performance tuning, troubleshooting, support, and capacity estimation to ensure highest data quality standards with the business and technical SME’s
• Design and develop solutions to integrate various data sources into a complex environment
Candidate Value Proposition
• The successful candidate will have the opportunity to gain exposure to multiple bank streams while analyzing and ensuring regulatory data is accurate for business users. The successful contractor will be on a long term engagement for upwards of two years.
Must have skills:
1. 5 + years' ETL Development experience
2. Strong experience reading, writing and creating SQL Queries as well as SSIS (minimum 5 years')
3. Strong experience with Microsoft Stack (SQL server, SSIS, SSMS) (minimum 5 years')
4. Strong communication skills to work with BSA to ensure accurate translation of requirements into technical requirements
Nice to have:
– Financial Industry experience with Regulations
– Power BI is a plus and will be prioritized